kodi and IPTV - iptvsimple client not available

toko789
toko789 New Member Posts: 11
I’m using the app board with ubilinux and installed kodi package from the default repos. Everything works so far, but I cannot get the IPTV (iptvsimple) add-on installed because it simply cannot be found in the repos.

Has anybody solved this or an idea how to get IPTV streaming working?

Comments

• Nicola Lunghi
    Nicola Lunghi Emutex Posts: 131 mod
    is in the repo package kodi-pvr-iptvsimple
  • toko789
    yes, "normally" it would be, but it is not available. I did install the ubilinux from the up-board page, did install "kodi" package and did update/upgrade. But this package is simply missing. I guess it's because they backporting ... at least the up-wiki says so....

so still unclear if there's a way to get this package running with still full firmware/hardware support.
  • toko789
    apt-cache search pvr gives me
    kodi-pvr-hts - Kodi PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts
    kodi-pvr-mythtv - MythTV PVR Addon for Kodi
    kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi - Kodi PVR Addon VDR VNSI
    firmware-ivtv - Binary firmware for iTVC15-family MPEG codecs (ivtv and pvrusb2 drivers)
    ivtv-utils - utilities for use with the ivtv kernel driver
    xserver-xorg-video-ivtv - X.Org X server -- IVTV display driver
    xserver-xorg-video-ivtv-dbg - X.Org X server -- IVTV display driver (debug symbols)
    pvrg-jpeg - Stanford-PVRG-JPEG-Werkzeug
    xbmc-pvr-argustv - XBMC PVR Addon Argustv
    xbmc-pvr-demo - XBMC PVR Demo Addon
    xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer - XBMC PVR Addon Dvbviewer
    xbmc-pvr-iptvsimple - XBMC PVR Iptv Addon
    xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver - XBMC PVR Addon Mediaportal Tvserver
    xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth - XBMC PVR Addon MythTv - Cmyth
    xbmc-pvr-nextpvr - XBMC PVR Addon NextPvr
    xbmc-pvr-njoy - XBMC PVR Addon Njoy
    xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts - XBMC PVR Addon TvHeadend Hts
    xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi - XBMC PVR Addon VDR Vnsi
    xbmc-pvr-vuplus - XBMC PVR Addon Vuplus
    xbmc-pvr-wmc - XBMC PVR Addon Windows Media Center

... so the packages for xbmc are complete, but no iptvsimple package for kodi available.

I'm running
    Linux version 4.4.0-ubi4-amd64 (ubilinux@emutex.com) (gcc version 4.9.2 (Debian 4.9.2-10) ) #1 SMP Debian 4.4.35-1 (2016-11-29)

the installed version of package kodi is:
    16.1+dfsg1-2~bpo8+2

can anybody help?
  • DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    unfortunately that plugin wasn't backported to Debian Jessie (which ubilinux 3.0 is based on): https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=kodi-pvr-iptvsimple

As you can see from that link the plugin is available for Debian Stretch.
    In the coming weeks we are going to release ubilinux 4.0 (based on Debian Stretch) with support for all the UP Family products (UP Board, UP Core, UP Squared). That should be the easy way as the newer distribution should have all the packages you are looking for.

Otherwise you can try to build it from the Github repository: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimple
  • toko789
    thx for this detailed answer - I'll wait on 4.0 then and reinstall my beloved up-board :)
  • Siddharth Mehra
    Siddharth Mehra New Member Posts: 1
    Shockingly that module wasn't backported to Debian Jessie which ubilinux 3.0 depends on as mentioned by Emutex. We hope to have it soon.
    https://goo.gl/KLLs73
  • DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    You can install ubilinux 4.0 which includes support for all UP family and the more recent Kodi package available.
  • MartianMARTIN
    MartianMARTIN New Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Well i guess that because they didn't released the latest version of the plugin for the ubilinux version 4.0. I guess that's the reason why your iptv simple client addon is not working and you aren't able to play iptv playlist is not working for you?
  • Nicola Lunghi
    Nicola Lunghi Emutex Posts: 131 mod
    I just installed KODI this weekend on my UP2 - no problem whatsoever