Default state GPIO

Shawn Ransford
Shawn Ransford New Member Posts: 20
Hello all,
I am using the UP board to control a series of relays. A number of the GPIO default as HIGH output at boot in advance of my program configuring. This is no good for my pumps as they come on for a few seconds at boot. This seems to be a common issue amongst SBCs. However, I am hoping we have a solution here on the UP side. I already have one client complaining. In the Wiki, it seems to allude to this as a known issue...

"There are some limitations and considerations which the user should be aware of:
The level-shifters are configured as outputs by default at power-on, and may be driving a high output signal (3.3V). This may have implications for users who are connecting external electronics such as motor drivers. This will be addressed in the final production version of the UP board.
"

I assume we are past final production? Do we have a fix? I have started poking at some of the kernel code to see if there might be a file where I could modify the defaults...or maybe use a pullup. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments