UP 2 - no signal (either display port)

Cristian Blanaru
Cristian Blanaru New Member Posts: 3
Dear Community,
I've received my up2 board and I plugged in RTC battery, usb with ubilinux, then display, then keyboard, then power, then open tv.... and nothing. No post, no bios not a sign of life except an audible hum from the board.
I've tried different ports, different display port, with keyboard no keyboard, with usb, no usb, but it never shows anything.

Can anyone give me a hint as to what else to try before I return it as DOA?

Kind regards,
Cristian

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
  • Cristian Blanaru
    Right.... so I figure out the problem. It was the brass spacers for the case .... I think they short something on the board. I've taken it back to it's original format and everything is OK (phew).

Whom should I inform about this problem before anyone bricks another board?
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Thanks for the finding.
    We will put all similar subjects into one group to help people who suspect DOA on the board.
  • David Rolfe
    David Rolfe New Member Posts: 98
    cristianbl wrote:
    Right.... so I figure out the problem. It was the brass spacers for the case .... I think they short something on the board. I've taken it back to it's original format and everything is OK (phew).

Whom should I inform about this problem before anyone bricks another board?

Were you using them with the aluminium or the ABS case:

I assume it was the former, and if so I would assume that other users will face the same problem, which does give me some concerns.
  • Cristian Blanaru
    It was the ABS. Thing is I'm not sure what the issue really is as after I took it out of the case and removed the brass mounts, after 3-4 tries it started working. It was the first time I noticed a blue led next to the power button.
    I've installed everything and out of curiosity I tried to put each brass mount again... to see if I can replicate it and I cannot.
    I am not sure what the problem was really, but it can be anything from maybe the cable not being connected correctly (even though I've plugged it out and back in several time with and without the mount for a while) or maybe it was touching something on the board.

I think wait and see. I am currently keeping it in the case to see if it's stable or if will act up on me.
  • Sally
    Sally New Member Posts: 6
    I was having the same problem. Thank you for solving the problem.