UEFI not available as boot device

Options
Ben Hardy
Ben Hardy New Member Posts: 8
Hi there,

We have an Up board and need to select UEFI in the boot device in order to enter the EFI shell.
We have just installed Windows 10 and when we press F7 we do not have UEFI as an option only Windows Boot Manager and Ubuntu. We have been told we should see an option which should be something like "UEFI: SanDisk, Partition 1" but it is not there nor is it an option in the main menu. I am attaching screenshots of what we are seeing.
We are trying to install some software and drivers and we have been instructed to enter the UPC1 DM04T1 directory and execute GO.nsh.

For our project this is meant to be the easy bit and unfortunately I am quite new to this part and we are following step by step instructions. Because this is the first part we can't move forwards. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options
    Hi Benh,

The EFI shell is not available on UP Board BIOS but you can install your own EFI shell on USB.

The easiest thing is to download the latest BIOS and copy just the EFI folder to your USB stick then boot via this adapter.

https://up-community.org/downloads/download/18-uefi_bios/5-upc1bm0x_efi

Let me know if that works for you!
  • Ben Hardy
    Ben Hardy New Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey dlceri,
    I managed to boot using the EFI folder on a USB- many thanks for your advice.
    Slowly getting there! My next challenge is we need to enter the UPC1 DM04T1 directory to execute GO.nsh.
    However when we try and enter the UPC1 DM04T1 directory we receive the following message:
    “cd: Target directory not found
    Exit status code: Not Found"

Any ideas? Thanks again for your help :-)

I've attached the screenshot to show what we're seeing