DisplayPort not working with Win10

Robert Shelton
Robert Shelton New Member Posts: 110
HDMI works, but the DP port does not. After testing with multiple displays and cables, no display sees a signal from my Up2 via the DP. I can swap the DP for an HDMI cable, and the desktop is there. I looked in UEFI but saw nothing that I could do to enable or switch between HDMI/DP. I am assuming this is a driver issue. Does anyone have Win10 working via DP? Were any configuration or driver changes needed to enable DP?

Comments

• Jack
    Jack AAEON Posts: 16 mod
    May I know what your driver version is?
    We used 21.20.16.4550 version without problem.
  • Robert Shelton
    The Intel HD Graphics display adapter driver version is 21.20.16.4534. I have checked for an updated driver, but Device Manager indicates that I have the most current versions installed. Did you obtain/install your driver version some way other than using Device Manager?
  • Jack
    Jack AAEON Posts: 16 mod
    Please download the latest drivers from below link.
    https://up-community.org/downloads/category/27-microsoft-windows
    You can right click your mouse to uninstall the original driver first in Device manager.
  • Joseph Kacvinsky
    Joseph Kacvinsky New Member Posts: 4
    I've been having the same problem from day 1 with my Up Squared as well. Tried both Intel drivers, and the Up supplied driver pack. Currently running 21.20.16.4550 to no avail. Has this problem become a known issue?
  • rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    There is no problem wiht my Up Squared
    Did you replace your DP cable or connect to the other one monitor, maybe the DP cable is bad?

DP Cable

Display adapter driver version
  • Robert Shelton
    I eventually found that an active cable adapter was required for my connection to the HDMI monitor. Even with that active connector, my Up2 will not drive the DP conference room projector at the office. Tried multiple projectors with no luck, although I think all are different models of the same brand.

That said, I continue to have serious crash problems when outputting to the DP. See separate thread on the Community: https://up-community.org/forum/ms-windows/2119-event-10016-distributedcom-crashing-windows-10https://up-community.org/forum/ms-windows/2119-event-10016-distributedcom-crashing-windows-10. To date I have followed various instructions for resolving the crash/error condition, but have not been able to use the DP port without crashes - either immediate upon connection, or within a relatively short period of time. I also suspect that I'm experiencing the same problem related to an audio DAC via USB, but I've not had time to chase that.

Something is unstable in the Win 10 / drivers / Up2 hardware combination. DP definitely is questionable on Up2 in my experience.
  • Joseph Kacvinsky
    edited August 2017
    roger1tsai wrote:
    There is no problem wiht my Up Squared
    Did you replace your DP cable or connect to the other one monitor, maybe the DP cable is bad?

DP Cable

Display adapter driver version

Nothing wrong with the cable. Works fine, even swapped around a few cables and adapters to verify all the physical is good.
    Currently running an HDMI-DVI adapter to a DVI cable to monitor. But I have a 4K HDMI monitor that I'm trying to connect and a DP-DVI adapter that I'm trying to shift the DVI monitor over to so that I can do multimonitor and 4K testing. But to date, I have been able to only get video out of the HDMI IO. The DP hasn't worked at all. I've also tried a DP-HDMI adapter with no luck.
  • rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with the cable. Works fine, even swapped around a few cables and adapters to verify all the physical is good.
    Currently running an HDMI-DVI adapter to a DVI cable to monitor. But I have a 4K HDMI monitor that I'm trying to connect and a DP-DVI adapter that I'm trying to shift the DVI monitor over to so that I can do multimonitor and 4K testing. But to date, I have been able to only get video out of the HDMI IO. The DP hasn't worked at all. I've also tried a DP-HDMI adapter with no luck.
    So, your 4k HDMI monitor is only supported with DVI input, and use a DP converter to DVI signal to your monitor, right?
    Did you manage to get into BIOS by DP port or it was always "No signal" black screen at boot? or try reinstalling the driver on Up2 board?
    have you attached the extra power cables it needs to run? Also make sure the DP cable is firmly attached to monitor as that can cause monitor to get no signal

I've tested it on my side and I'm able to open the two monitors with HDMI and DP at the same time, click below to see images

Set up two monitors windows 10

Used HDMI and DisplayPort

i hope you can solve your problem asap
  • Joseph Kacvinsky
    Long story short, literally nothing works on the DP port. The HDMI port works fine with the HDMI 4K monitor, the DVI monitor works via HDMI-DVI adaptor. Nothing works off of the DP port, whether I am trying to run multiple monitors, or single monitor off of the DP.
    At no point does the DP work. BIOS, Linux, Windows, etc.
    I've installed both the Intel latest display driver, as well as the UP-Squared provided display driver, back and forth a few times, no dice.
    Regarding the extra power cable, are you speaking of the USB 3.0 Micro port? I am running off of the UP-Squared provided power brick.
  • ZhuangJW
    ZhuangJW New Member Posts: 3

So now , you can use the DP or not ?

• JenniferT
    JenniferT New Member Posts: 1

@Robert Shelton said:
    HDMI works, but the DP port does not. After testing with multiple displays and cables, no display sees a signal from my Up2 via the DP. I can swap the DP for an HDMI cable, and the desktop is there. I looked in UEFI but saw nothing that I could do to enable or switch between HDMI/DP. I am assuming this is a driver issue. Does anyone have Win10 working via DP? Were any configuration or driver changes needed to enable DP?

same here, does not work have you fixed this issue yet?