Failed to use GrovePi+ on UP2 board(Bios: UPA1AM18 system: ubilinux 4.0)

jy
jy New Member Posts: 4
I want to use the GrovePi+ on my new UP Squared Board. But I could not find the i2c address of the board(0x04 ) with commands from "i2cdetect -y -r 0" to "i2cdetect -y -r 7".

Then I found the wiki up-community.org/wiki/GrovePi said that I had to set I2C speed to 100K. But I could not find 'I2C #2 Speed' in my new UPA1AM18 BIOS. What should I do now? I am looking forward to your help. Thanks.

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hi chdyejiewei,

We are now reviewing internally the GrovePi+ to work with UP Squared as it does already work on UP Board.

We will update the information on the UP Wiki shortly on how to setup your board and Operating System.
  • jy
    jy New Member Posts: 4
    Hi Emutex,
    I am not pressing you, just want to know when will you update the information?
  • DCleri
    We plan to release the updated information by mid August.
  • Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Guest Posts: 123
    Hi,

we are working with Seeed to release a special UP Squared IOT Grove kit.
    It will be released in October.
    BR

Fab
  • HL Kon
    HL Kon New Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I would like to know if there is any latest update on topic ? (Using UP2 board with GrovePi+). I have installed the latest BIOS and Ubilinux but not able to talk to the GrovePi+ HAT. I would appreciate if you can let me know if there is a solution for this?
    We are planning to conduct a workshop using UP2 board with the GrovePi+ kit and this is putting the workshop in jeopardy if the UP2 board cannot work with GrovePi+.

thanks.

Kon
  • DCleri
    Hello hlkon,

Due to an issue on the GrovePi+ HAT the existing hardware available on the market won't work with UP Squared.

They have recently released an updated revision which works well with UP Squared too and it is going to be included with the upcoming UP Squared IoT Kit (and possibly sold separately).
  • HL Kon
    HL Kon New Member Posts: 3
    Hi dcleri, do you know when this new version of GrovePi+ will be available for UP2 board?
    So based on what you are saying, the current Ubilinux kernel is able to support the UP2 GPIO port including I2C and SPI?
    Is that correct?
    Thanks.
  • Nicola Lunghi
    Nicola Lunghi Emutex Posts: 131 mod
    hlkon wrote:
    Hi dcleri, do you know when this new version of GrovePi+ will be available for UP2 board?
    So based on what you are saying, the current Ubilinux kernel is able to support the UP2 GPIO port including I2C and SPI?
    Is that correct?
    Thanks.

We are just received the samples from grovepi so shortly

The ubilinux kernel support GPIO, I2C, SPI on up/up^2

Regards
    Nicola Lunghi