EP-UPSUSVUPSHAT UPS and wide range DC-in HAT

Steve Moe
Steve Moe New Member Posts: 5
edited May 2017 in Peripherals
I have received and set up s.usv for up board. Unit is working correctly. I am running Windows 10 OS so I do not have linixunix interface for damon software. How do I control settings from windows? How do I get the mobile or smartphone application mentioned on the website? "In Addition, the operator has the opportunity to check and control all operating states or switching operations on a software including mobile application via smartphone or tablet."

Contacted manufacturer to find a way to change configuration. received response below. When will manufacture s-usv receives a driver for I2C for Up Board so the mobile app can be used?

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:57 AM

Hi,

At the moment we have the problem that we communicate via I2C - But the drivers from I2C are not supported from the manufacturer.
So we have to wait till UP give us the driver for I2C.
Therefore the mobile app is also not working.

BR,
Chris

27. April 2017 04:08

Message: I have received and set up s.usv for up board. Unit is working correctly. I am running Windows 10 OS so I do not have linix\unix interface for damon software. How do I control settings from windows? How do I get the mobile or smartphone application mentioned on the website? "In Addition, the operator has the opportunity to check and control all operating states or switching operations on a software including mobile application via smartphone or tablet."

Comments

• Steve Moe
    When will manufacture s-usv receive an I2C driver for the Up Board from Up Board Manufacture so s-usv can update their mobile app to configure and control EP-UPSUSVUPSHAT UPS?

This is needed for Windows 10 configuration and use.

Has anyone found a workaround to configure or monitor setting in windows 10?
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    We have provided our beta version SDK to s-usv. It seems they are still in the process of debugging.
  • Steve Moe
    I contacted s-usv with your response and received their response. Is there any way we can get AEON and s-usv to communicate directly on this issue to get it resolved?

s-usv question and response below.

Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:44 AM
    To: Steven Moe
    Subject: AW: A message from your site visitor Steven Moe

Unfortunately we have no new information from the manufacturer UP, who have to deliver the correct I2C driver for Win10 to us.
    The mobile software app will still need some more weeks to solve all the problems.

Von: Steven Moe
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Juli 2017 14:48
    An: S.USV Info
    Cc: Steven Moe
    Betreff: RE: A message from your site visitor Steven Moe

What is the current status for the mobile software to control EP-UPSUSVUPSHAT. Has the issue for the driver for I2C been resolved? Is the mobile software app available and if so, where can I download it or potentially purchase it.

Posted to Up forum.

Link below. Received the following response from Aling Wu from AAEON.

https://up-community.org/forum/public-upboardhw/1837-ep-upsusvupshat-ups-and-wide-range-dc-in-hat#4709

We have provided our beta version SDK to s-usv. It seems they are still in the process of debugging.

Original question from Steve Moe to s.usv

I have received and set up s.usv for up board. Unit is working correctly. I am running Windows 10 OS so I do not have linix\unix interface for damon software. How do I control settings from windows? How do I get the mobile or smartphone application mentioned on the website? "In Addition, the operator has the opportunity to check and control all operating states or switching operations on a software including mobile application via smartphone or tablet
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    The same SDK was used in another project without problem, so we are helping them to clarify the issue now.
    Finger cross!
  • Steve Moe
    Any Status update on this issue. Have the difficulties been determined and a solution developed?
  • Steve Moe
    Is there any updated status to report on this. were you able to clarify the issue. Is a solution on the way for this?