Ubilinux 4 - Downloads - Is it Debian Stretch based?

Sandeep Rao
Sandeep Rao New Member Posts: 15
edited July 2017 in UP Squared Linux
Downloaded the iso from Dowloads section. On installing I find it is Arch Linux.

Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    the installer is based on Arch, but the image flashed on the board is Debian Stretch.
  • Sandeep Rao
    Sandeep Rao New Member Posts: 15
    Okay.

uname -a output listed Arch..
    apt-get did not work - did not capture output....
    also just pressing tab to auto finish commands was generating some log sort of thing, so did not continue with the build (Not had set to DDR50 in BIOS).

Might be I am missing something or not doing something the right way. Regret on posting wrong query.
  • DCleri
    Please make sure you update to the latest UP Squared 1.8 BIOS first:

Then, if you have a board with 128GB Sandisk, update the eMMC speed to DDR50.

Now you can insert the USB stick with the installer and leave it running until the end. You will be asked to press enter to power off the system.

Now remove the USB stick and you are ready to boot your UP Squared with ubilinux.
  • Vincent Flesouras
    Vincent Flesouras New Member Posts: 15
    I'm using Arch Linux on my UP-Squared. It runs really well.
  • David Rolfe
    David Rolfe New Member Posts: 98
    Hi,

This has probably been asked before, but how do I increase the eMCC speed to DDR50 ?

Thanks!
  • DCleri
    Hi Montala,

Changing the eMMC speed to DDR50 is not an improvement but a workaround for an issue on 128GB Sandisk eMMC.

If you have an early version of the UP Squared with such eMMC you should follow those steps:
    - Enter the BIOS menu
    - move to Chipset
    - then adjust the eMMC Max Speed from HS400 to DDR50
  • David Rolfe
    David Rolfe New Member Posts: 98
    edited July 2017
    Hi dcleri,

Thank you for your reply and for answering my question!

I now of course realise that if I had read some of the other posts on here I would have understood the situation better, but the use of the word 'update' in your previous reply led me to believe that this was actually an improvement, rather than a workaround for an issue on a specific eMMC.

My bad... sorry!

Regards,

David