I try to setup UpBoard

After I connect HDMI cable to screen, and always show 'no signal'

I had tried other screen and HDMI cable

by the way, the Power show around 0.7A~0.8A

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hi,

Does it not work with any cable or screen you tried?

What power supply are you using? Is it 5V4A?
  • injWang
    injWang New Member Posts: 4
    Hi:

my power adapter is 5V20A
  • DCleri
    Do you have another Screen or TV where to try the board?

If not, can you try to disconnect everything, then unplug the RTC Battery?

Then:
    Await a couple of minutes.
    Reconnect the RTC battery.
    Plug only the HDMI
    Plug the power cable.
  • injWang
    HI:
    I had tried other Screen and HDMI cable before post

i try to replug the RTC Battery.
    After I plug HDMI and power, the power blue light which on the up-Board is blink few seconds

But the screen still show ' no signal'
  • DCleri
    Does the blue power led keep blinking or does it become steady?
  • injWang
    blink few seconds, and then become steady
  • DCleri
    There is something wrong, the blue power lead should be steady since you plug in the power.

I will check internally with our hardware team.
    Could you try a different power supply?
    It has to be something like 5V3A minimum or 5V4A recommended.

Thanks.
  • Jeff Dusek
    Jeff Dusek New Member Posts: 9
    Following as I am having a very similar problem. Board will intermittently not connect to HDMI, and occasionally will lose signal and not be able to re-acquire. Unplugging and re-plugging the RTC battery seems to help, but this is an issue as we are using the board in a mobile robot application and need to be able to plug in a monitor occasionally to debug.
  • Mike Kopack
    Mike Kopack New Member Posts: 6
    Having a similar problem here with one of the boards we bought at work... Pulling the RTC battery, waiting and then booting got it so I could eventually get to the BIOS, or letting it go got it to the GRUB screen, but when it goes to start booting up the screen again goes to "No signal" and never comes back...

These boards seem awfully sensitive to the display...
  • Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Guest Posts: 123
    Hi

is your board one of the "innovator boards" or you just got recently ?
    can you let us know the SKU ( CPU, RAM, eMMC ) the BIOS version and possibly the serial number of the board ?

thanks !
  • Mike Kopack
    Mike Kopack New Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2017
    In my case it was a normal retail/post KS board.

Part number: UP-CHT01-A10-0464

Assuming the bar code above the part number on the label of the anti-static bag is the serial #:

C16A00494

The bar code on top of the ethernet jack (in case THAT is the serial #): 16626742

The exact behavior I'm seeing (using the Up supplied power supply)

Power on, green light comes on solid, "No signal"...wait about 15-20 seconds (this is with the RTC battery removed), see the UP splash screen for about 3 seconds, then again lose signal. Wait another 10 seconds or so, see the Up splash screen again for about 3 seconds, then I see the Grub screen. If I either let that time out or hit enter to start the boot up, I then immediately lose signal again and it never comes back.

This is hooked up to a Samsung TV. When I try it hooked up to a computer monitor through a HDMI->DVI adapter (monitor doesn't have HDMI) I get nothing at all.

If I plug the RTC battery back in I can't even get to the UP splash screen...

Note - I have a second board (personal), again retail post KS, that works fine when plugged into the Samsung monitor, but whenever plugged into the other (Dell) monitor through the HDMI-->DVI adapter it always says "No signal" yet other small board computers hooked into this adapter/monitor combination work fine (Ras Pi, Udoo, etc.)
  • Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Guest Posts: 123
    Hi mkopack,

thanks. Very weird behavior.
    can you let us know which BIOS Version you have installed on the board ?

Cheers
  • Jeff Dusek
    Adding my board details as well.

Part Number: UP-CHT01-A10-0432

Bar code on top of USB case: 17057086

Board fails to connect to HDMI monitor (multiple cables and monitors tried) intermittently, and will occasionally drop signal as well. Currently don't even see the UP startup screen when I power the board. Will try to boot again and see if I can get the BIOS version.

Currently have Ubuntu 16.04 installed with the UP board kernel as described here: https://up-community.org/wiki/Ubuntu
  • Jeff Dusek
    Bios Information: UP-CHT01 R0.S (UPC1BMOS)(06/04/2016)

Vendor: American Megatrends

Version: 2.17.1249
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Hi JDusek,

Can you contact shop@up-board.org ? Please tell us your KS backer number, so that we can assist for RMA. Thanks!