Can't logon Windows 10

Envargm
Envargm New Member Posts: 2
a weird issue with my brand new PC. Loaded with Windows 10 Home. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, all went well at first.

Then bring machine to site, put on network usual way - all good. Reboot PC, try to login as user, but receive incorrect username/password message.

How to resolve this issue?

Comments

• Jiousanla
    Jiousanla New Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016
    Your Windows 10 user account is almost certainly connected to your online Microsoft.com account. This makes replacing a forgotten password easier—and arguably more secure.

On another computer, go to Microsoft’s Sign in page. Once there, enter your email address and click Can’t access your account.

If this is your local account, you can try to create bootable USB reset tool.
    NTpassword:
    ht://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Ophcrack:
    phcrack.sourceforge.net/

or UUkeys windows password recovery.
    http://www.uukeys.com/reset-windows-10-password.html

but I firstly suggest you try NTpassword.
  • Envargm
    Envargm New Member Posts: 2
    I didn't sign in with Microsoft account. it is a local administrator account.
  • Kyle Thornton
    Kyle Thornton New Member Posts: 1
    After typing your password in the login screen, click the eye icon inside the password box to check if your entered password is correct. If you still couldn't login, you can boot your PC with Windows installation media, use the sticky keys trick to reset your local password:

https://4sysops.com/archives/forgot-the-administrator-password-the-sticky-keys-trick/
    http://www.top-password.com/blog/reset-windows-10-password-with-sticky-keys/

Or use the free live cds - Hirens' bootCD, Ubuntu Live CD, etc.
  • Jiousanla
    Jiousanla New Member Posts: 2
    Thornton wrote:
    After typing your password in the login screen, click the eye icon inside the password box to check if your entered password is correct. If you still couldn't login, you can boot your PC with Windows installation media, use the sticky keys trick to reset your local password:

https://4sysops.com/archives/forgot-the-administrator-password-the-sticky-keys-trick/
    https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-crack-my-windows-password.html

You can reset windows 10 administrator password on command prompt with an available admin account to enter safe mode first. If you have another Windows 10 admin account, try these steps below:

Step 1: Press F8 when your Windows 10 PC is booting. You will come to the Advanced Boot Options. Then choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 2: Enter safe mode with an available admin account.

Step 3: Type "net user" and press Enter. The command prompt will show you all accounts on the Windows Vista PC.

Step 4: Type "net user Paul 123" (Paul is the locked admin account's name and 123 is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.

Step 5: Type "shutdown -r -t 00" and press Enter.

Your Windows Vista PC should be rebooted automatically and then you can logon Windows Vista with the new password.
  • Inasklcer
    Inasklcer New Member Posts: 2
    Jiousanla wrote:
    Thornton wrote:

You can reset windows 10 administrator password on command prompt with an available admin account to enter safe mode first. If you have another Windows 10 admin account, try these steps below:

Step 1: Press F8 when your Windows 10 PC is booting. You will come to the Advanced Boot Options. Then choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Type "net user" and press Enter. The command prompt will show you all accounts on the Windows Vista PC.

Step 4: Type "net user Paul 123" (Paul is the locked admin account's name and 123 is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.

Your Windows Vista PC should be rebooted automatically and then you can logon Windows Vista with the new password.
    I am very confused, i just use your Windows password reset tool , and i remember I copied the data onto the USB drive, i set the first boot device to be USB device from hard drive, but the computer showed "No Results", what did I do wrong? do I need to change to a DVD or CD?
  • Inasklcer
    Inasklcer New Member Posts: 2
    Jiousanla wrote:
    Thornton wrote:

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/crack-windows-10-8-7-password-without-disk.html

As I said before. i change the first boot drive to be a DVD ,all over again , after i startup my computer , the DVD flash drive can be identified,
  • Masery
    Masery New Member Posts: 1

@Jiousanla said:
    Thornton wrote:

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html

Thanks for your suggestion ,This is very helpful for people who are not skilled in computer technology.

• levinleen
    levinleen New Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018

Windows Password Key can 100% Safe and Easy to Reset Administrator & User Passwords on Any Windows without Reformatting or Reinstalling System. The Windows password recovery tool can be the right key, which can remove lost/forgotten local administrator and users' password for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012 quickly and conveniently. Only 3 Steps, you can regain your password: http://www.windowspasswordkey.com/

• jake_paul
    jake_paul New Member Posts: 3

**Method 1: Safe mode.
    Please follow below steps:

1. Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold Shift key and click on Restart.
    2. Click on Troubleshoot.
    3. Click on Advanced options.
    4. Click on Startup Settings.
    5. Click on Restart.
    6. Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.

Method 2: Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.**

Follow the below steps:

1. Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold Shift key and click on Restart.
    2. Click on Troubleshoot.
    3. Click on Advanced options.
    4. Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.
      net user Administrator /active:yes
    5. Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

If the issue persists, Start Windows automatically by following below steps.

1. Press Windows key + r to enter run command window.
    2. netplwiz and Press the ENTER key.
      (This command will load the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel applet)
    3. In the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    4. Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the User Accounts window.
    5. When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears, enter the user name you wish to automatically login to Windows. Then enter your account password in the two fields where it's asked and click the OK button.
    6. Click OK on the User AccountsWindow to complete the process.

From now on, when your PC starts up, Windows will log on automatically.
    I Hope This Helps You Out.