USB3 OTG with windows 10 x64

Options
Nilesh
Nilesh New Member Posts: 5
Hi have encountered one problem related to USB3 OTG for windows 10 x64.

I have connect an USB3.0 Adapter (USB3.0 Adapter Micro B male to A female ) then i have connect USB2 devise to adapter it works fine.
Now i have connect USB3 devise to Adapter but windows cant detect this devise.

Also i have test with USb3 Hub , i have connect USB3 hub to Adapter and my USB3 devise to hub which is externally powered.

what should i do to make my usb3 devises work on up-board with windows 10 x64?

Dose Windows 10 x64 work with USb3 devises on OTG port ?

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Options
    If my memory is correct. During our test USB3.0 OTG device mode doesn't work on Windows, but on Andorid.
  • Nilesh
    Options
    sorry , but can you please clear me.
    Is this mean, USB3 OTG port is not available to connect any USB3 devise to UP-board on Windows , And this is possible only on android?
    do you have any idea about working of USB3 OTG port on other operating systems linke inux?
  • DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options
    Hi nileshmane,

What Aling meant is that the Device mode of the USB3.0 OTG is not working on Windows, only the Host mode (standard to connect peripherals, disks, etc.).

On Android and Linux both Host and Device mode works correctly.

Please make sure you use the USB3.0 OTG adapter or micro to micro USB3.0 cables provided on the UP Shop which have been carefully tested, some cheap cables found online may not work reliably.
  • Nilesh
    Options
    Here on windows 10 , USB3.0 OTG port shows both USB2.0 and USB3.0 devises as USB2 device
    i am unable to connect any USB3 devise to UP board via USB3 OTG port.

did Ubuntu shows any devise with USB3 port as USB3 devise (Super Speed ) on USB3 OTG. I have USB 3.0 Storage Devise but windows connect this devise as USB2 storage devise. can i connect this storage devise as USB3 storage devise on Ubuntu for UP for UP board (USB3.0 OTG)?