New UP Board 4.4 Linux Kernel for ubilinux, Ubuntu and Yocto is now available

DCleri
DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
New ubilinux, Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 and Yocto 4.4 Kernel packages for the UP...

[article]59[/article]

Comments

• Luke
    Luke New Member Posts: 3
    With respect to "patch for Kingston M525 eMMC write failures", if I use other linux distributions other than Ubilinux or Ubuntu with this updated kernel, am I likely to see these M525 write failures, or was this something specific to the previous Upboard specific kernel?.
    I am looking at using my Upboard for a minimal OS Kodi machine (e.g Libreelec). I can get around the lack of HDMI audio with a USB soundcard (or has this been updated in the main Linux kernel now?), but was concerned I may still see issues of the M525 write failures if I did this.
  • Dan O'Donovan
    Dan O'Donovan Administrator, Moderator, Emutex Posts: 241 admin
    Hi Lfalla

This patch was merged to the upstream kernel for 4.10, and back-ported to stable kernel trees for v4.4, v4.8 and v4.9 earlier this month. This means that it should eventually get integrated into the standard kernel for any OS which is following these stable trees (e.g. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is following the v4.4 stable kernel, while Ubuntu 16.10 is currently following the v4.8 kernel, so these should both pick up this patch eventually).

You'd need to check with your specific distro to see what kernel its currently using, and if it has a policy of tracking updates from a stable kernel tree.

Best regards,
    -Dan
  • Luke
    Luke New Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for confirming this, really good to see these patches filtering through now.