Share your project ideas and how you implement it.
If you already made something, tell us!

Optical Projector

Options
I am making an all in one projector with the UP Board, I have not decided what UP board I should use yet. There may be a specific one I need to use for this project.

The basic concept is that there will be a pico (small hand held) projector connected to an Upboard. My hope is that there is just an optical lens and the power is connected directly to the board, so it will act like an embedded display on a laptop. The computer is on the projector is on to that display, the computer is asleep the projector is asleep, and the computer is off the projector is off. It gets turned on and the projector turns on right up into the input. I was thinking the best way to do this was through a eDP or a DSI, but I am not sure how to connect it or if it would work. Also is there like a projector optical lens built for this type of work.

- Thanks for your time, Evan Sellers

Comments

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    Options
    Hi Evan,

Thanks for sharing your project. Cool stuff!
    At this moment, most of eDP are at big size such as 12" 15" for consumer laptop. For DSI, we have very limited choices for DSI displays as our pin definition is on DSI is different from Raspberry Pi. We do have a plan to introduce 5" display, but it might be still too big for your project.
    Have you checked Display HAT ?
    Some of our community member has validated 2.8" and 3.5" dislay HAT, maybe it is interesting for you to check. https://up-community.org/wiki/TFT_Display_HATs