Linux kernel repository

Charles Trepanier
Charles Trepanier New Member Posts: 2
Hello,

I am currently developing a product which uses an Up Board. Our operating system is a custom version of Android. Our hardware is connected to the Up Board’s 40 pin expansion connector and uses the i2c protocol.

Would it be possible to have access to a repository which contains the commits to the Linux kernel? This would enable us to communicate with our hardware via the 40 pin connector and stay up to date with the latest drivers developments.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Elie De Brauwer
    Elie De Brauwer New Member Posts: 35
    As far as I know there is no decent repository available yet (despite several requests in this forum of properly upstreaming the changes). When I did the same task you described in july I started from the deb source package at https://launchpad.net/~ubilinux/+archive/ubuntu/up
  • Korneliusz
    Korneliusz New Member Posts: 24
    Well.... support is very weak. None of the promised repository with kernel source, no support for LCD screens on Linux, missing software, not working ubiworx... are just some of the reasons for which I'll skip UP2
  • DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with the UP Board.
    We are working hard to improve the software support for the board and at the same time enabling a new one to provide the hardware features requested by the community that couldn't be satisfied with the original UP Board.

We have just released new 4.4 kernel for the supported distributions and working to centralise all the kernel patches.

You can already access the Yocto patches via github from here: https://github.com/emutex/meta-up-board
    We are now updating the UP Board kernel source on github (which will be published in the coming weeks) to be used by both platforms.

Also we are currently testing a new BIOS which includes some fixes for the released Intel Errata to improve stability of the platform.

Thanks for your feedback, we will make sure to keep you posted on any other updates!
  • Luke
    Luke New Member Posts: 3
    Any idea on when the new firmware is going to be released? Any chance of the kernel updates making it into the main Linux kernel so that other distributions can be used? I am specifically thinking about some of the Kodi minimal distributions. These tend to be very quick and stable compared to full distributions. I don't want to have to make up my own kernel with these patches to use.