Realsense R200 random crashes on UP Board

Mario
Mario New Member Posts: 9
Hello everyone

I'm trying to get reliable data from my R200 camera on a ROS environment, but this has proven to be a very difficult task. I keep getting "VIDIOC_DQBUF error 19, No such device" errors. They occur very randomly, sometimes after just launching the camera nodelet and other times after it has been running for a while. This is why the issue is so frustrating. I can't reproduce the behaviour for debugging purposes because it can occur at any time. Some info about my system: UP Board 2GB, Ubuntu 14.04, 4.4 - upboard kernel, ROS Indigo. After the crashes I need to disconnect the camera and reload uvcvideo to get it working again. I have tried several versions of realsense ros and librealsense too. Has someone been able to get the R200 working reliably under ROS on the UP Board and would share their setup.

I haven’t discarded the possibility of being hardware related. I'm using the cable that came with the camera and a USB 3.0 female to micro male cable to connect it to the UP Board. Maybe this cable can't deliver enough power or timesout. Does someone know the part numbers for the adapter and cables that come in the Intel Robotics Development Kit.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Dan O'Donovan
    Dan O'Donovan Administrator, Moderator, Emutex Posts: 241 admin
    We have seen issues like this before (i.e. random disconnects of the R200 and other USB3.0 devices) with some USB cables.

I suggest trying this cable, which has worked well for us:
    http://up-shop.org/up-peripherals/56-usb30-microb-to-microb-cable.html

If you are still experiencing issues with that cable, the power supply can be another issue. A 5V 4000mA power supply is recommended, especially when using USB3.0 devices and video processing applications.
  • Mario
    Mario New Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the suggestion . I'm using a 5V 4A power supply. That cable sounds great but it will take a while to arrive (not showing as in stock) and I have a tight schedule with my project. Do you know of similar cables that I can buy within the US. I don’t mind buying an adaptor and then use the cable that came with the camera as long as the setup works.