Patchset from Yocto? Hunk Failed

Korneliusz
Korneliusz New Member Posts: 24
edited September 2016 in UP Board Linux
Hi,

Which version of the kernel are these patches ; https://github.com/emutex/meta-up-board ?

I'm trying patches on 4.4.0, 4.4.6, 4.4.22 and i have lot of HUNK FAILED?

Can you provide full patched kernel on github?

Comments

• Korneliusz
    When will the kernel source on GIT?

As I wrote earlier, shared patches do not correctly patch for kernel 4.4.x. I try 4.4.(0, 6, 22). Lot of patches ending with Hunk Failed .
  • Dan O'Donovan
    Dan O'Donovan Administrator, Moderator, Emutex Posts: 241 admin
    Hi

I'm hoping we can get this done next week. I'll post back here as soon as we have something ready.

Thanks,
    -Dan
  • Dan O'Donovan
    Dan O'Donovan Administrator, Moderator, Emutex Posts: 241 admin
    edited September 2016
    I discovered that one of the patches for the UP board yocto meta layer was now out of date, due to other back-ported patches that have since appeared in the Yocto 2.1 kernel (v4.4.14) for Intel boards. I've pushed an update to that patch now, so all are applying cleanly again. Thanks for highlighting this. You can get the latest patches from github here:
    git clone -b krogoth https://github.com/emutex/meta-up-board.git

It is also possible to get a copy of the specific Yocto kernel version that these have been tested with:
    git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-4.4
    cd linux-yocto-4.4
    git checkout 13852755ecbf491848afbe40e66fc152bc70915b

If you're using ubilinux, it is also possible to retrieve the ubilinux kernel source tree with the following command:
    sudo apt-get source linux-ubilinux

This will place the source tree in a sub-directory named 'linux-ubilinux-4.4.13' wherever you run the command.
  • Korneliusz

BTW. I'm working on patch to add support for LCD on Linux. I hope that in a few days to succeed.