No /dev/mmcblk0 under devuan?

Scott Maxwell
Scott Maxwell New Member Posts: 2
The good news is, I got my preferred distribution (devuan) to install without any real trouble -- except for one thing. I had to install it on a spare flash drive because the installer didn't see the on-board eMMC. I also couldn't see it after booting into devuan: no /dev/mmcblk0, it doesn't show up in "lshw," etc.

The eMMC is working, though, because the ubilinux installer *did* see it and installed there.

Is there something I can do to get the eMMC to show up under devuan -- and, better yet, to show up in the devuan installer?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Hi marsroverdriver,

My guess is that the eMMC driver is not enabled on devuan kernel installer, I think there is a similar issue with Ubuntu Server 14.04 (not Desktop, which is fine)
  • Elie De Brauwer
    Elie De Brauwer New Member Posts: 35
    Check the kernel configuration for CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_ACPI and/or CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_PCI, should CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_PCI be set you could also try changing the operation mode of the EMMC in the BIOS from ACPI to PCI, in that case the pci driver might also work should the acpi driver be not picked up by the kernel.
  • Scott Maxwell
    Scott Maxwell New Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately, ACPI->PCI didn't make it appear. I'll pursue emutex@'s idea about seeing if the eMMC driver is enabled in the kernel installer. Thanks to you both!
  • up floh
    up floh New Member Posts: 3
    Nice that you already tried Devuan. For now I just installed ubilinux but who knows what will be the final OS on these :-)