Intro from US PNW

Shane
Shane New Member Posts: 10
Greetings fellow UP Innovators...

I hail from the Pacific Northwest US (PNW) and am excited to begin using my reward as a replacement for my 3D printers remote host controller. My hope is to be able to port some existing software used on an RPi2, as well as to extend it with some remote model editing/support/slicing web tools.

I am a long time Linux/Uni* user/admin/developer and expect to have some fun with this new platform and OS as well.

Looking forward to my UP board arriving (departed Amsterdam today)

Cheers,

Shane...

Comments

• Filippo Bellini
    Filippo Bellini Emutex Posts: 10 mod
    edited January 2016
    Hi Shane,
    welcome to the UP Community! We're looking forward to have updates from you!
    a new section will be available soon to share projects with the community.
    Hope you'll enjoy your time with UP.
    Cheers
    Filippo
  • Dan O'Donovan
    Dan O'Donovan Administrator, Moderator, Emutex Posts: 241 admin
    edited January 2016
    Hi Shane

Great to hear from you, and looking forward to learning more about the projects you're planning for your UP board.

We've ported a number of RPi libraries already, and will be posting code and articles on those in the coming days, so keep an eye on the forum and blog to find some useful bits to get you started.

Best regards,
    Dan
  • Shane
    Shane New Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2016
    In the spirit of full disclosure, it should be noted that I do work for Intel.
    I do not represent or speak on behalf of Intel. I have no influence or contact with those responsible for processor or platform development or productization.

My interest in UP, and participation in it's community, is for personal hobby purposes only. My signature now reflects this as well.
  • Bruce J Beare
    Bruce J Beare New Member Posts: 7
    I'm interested in porting Brillo to the UP board and making the code available to the community!
  • Dan O'Donovan
    Dan O'Donovan Administrator, Moderator, Emutex Posts: 241 admin
    That is great to hear that Brillo is on the way to UP. Looking forward to hearing more about that as it progresses.
    What kernel version is used by Brillo at the moment?