UP Xtreme Edge Compute Enabling Kit

tmeliang
tmeliang New Member Posts: 7

Before I place order, Please help to confirm this UP Xtreme Edge Compute Enabling Kit can support Hailo-8™ M.2 2280 B+M key?
2) if I would upgrade to SODIMM RAM(max. 64GB, I don't find the part SODIMM RAM(max. 64GB in store, please advise

Answers

• Wilbert
    Wilbert New Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

Hi Tmeliang,

1) It seems to be usable, we have an M.2 Key-M expansion slot on the board, which can support M.2 Key-M 2280 devices with PCIE interface.
    2) Unfortunately, in our UP Xtreme Edge, the DDR part uses the chip on board instead of the expansion slot .DDR capacity cannot be changed through other ways. It is necessary to select the required DDR capacity from the beginning.

If you really need expansion, you can choose the UP Xtreme i11 series, the CPU is also Core-I level, and can support DDR4 SODIMM.

Best Regards.

• tmeliang

What is the OS for both mini-PC of UP Xtreme Edge Computing Kit Series and UP Xtreme i11 - 0001 version Boards Series?

• tmeliang

Based on the picture of UP Xtreme i11 - 0001 version Boards Series, it seems max SSD is 256GB +256GB, correct?

• Wilbert

Hi Tmeliang,

Neither product includes an operating system.
    The products we sell are correct.
    You can purchase an external SSD yourself to achieve the capacity you want.
    SATA cables are sold separately, linked below.
    For SATA (HDD or SSD), please use a 2.5-inch hard drive. Note that the SATA power supply only supports 5V, and a few 2.5-inch HDD require 12V.
    M.2 Key-M can choose SSD that support NVMe PCIE, and those that meet the normal specifications on the market are supported.
    https://up-shop.org/satacable.html
    https://up-shop.org/sata-cable-for-up-squared-1.html

Best Regard.
    Wilbert Lee

• tmeliang

for these mini-PC, What is the OS for both mini-PC (UP Xtreme Edge Development Kit UPX-EDGEI7-A10-1664-FX1 and UP Xtreme i11 - 0001 version Boards, UPX-TGLI7-A10-0000-0001, especially the first one? I feel maybe only Linux since only 64 GB storage? Does it mean there no pre-installed the OS or software driver when we ordered the mini-PC?

• Wilbert

Hi Sir,

Yes, shipment will not contain OS.
    Additional purchases can be made if necessary, but at this time hard disks must also be purchased simultaneously.