Not able to connect UP Core to laptop (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

Kevinpaulose05
Kevinpaulose05 New Member Posts: 3

I have made all the necessary connections, viz. connected the USB with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS burned on it, connected the power cable and also connected the HDMI cable to my laptop which has Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Windows 11 (dual boot). There is no "UP BIOS logo" pop up as mentioned in the quick start guide.
Please explain how to get the UP core computer started in my case.

Attahced is my setup photo-

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin

Hi @Kevinpaulose05 ,

Can you try the exact setup but with the HDMI plugged to a monitor instead?

• Kevinpaulose05

Hi @camillus , I have tried it again with the monitor of my PC. And I also changed the input mode to HDMI. But on doing so it shows "No HDMI cable" message. No sign of UP Core BIOS.
    Also, how long should i wait after connecting the UP core; i waited for around 5 minutes each time but nothing happened.

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin
    edited June 2022

Hi @Kevinpaulose05 ,

Usually it should be up in no time, Can you confirm if you have the correct Power Supply Unit 5V 4A ? Also please try with a second HDMI. If it does not work can you please proceed with an RMA. You can apply for an RMA from here if you purchased directly from UP shop, otherwise you have to raise it through your reseller.

• Kevinpaulose05

Yes, the power supply is right and I had also tried with another HDMI cable. The unit is working fine I guess as it heats up gradually after I connect it to the power supply.

If you remember any other troubleshooting ideas, please share them with me.

RMA is always an option, so let me check that too.