UEFI 6.1 possibly bricked my UP squared

Options
Pascal
Pascal New Member Posts: 11

Hi!

Yesterday I was updating my UEFI on my Celeron UP squared. It was at version 3.X (don't remember exactly) and I wanted to upgrade to 6.1 .

Reading the docs I figured out, that an upgrade to version 4 was nessesary so I did this first, wich worked well. It rebooted immedialty after the upgrade and I checked if version 4 was installed correctly.

Then I filled my USB stick with the Version 6.1 and started the upgrade the same way. The console-output told me the upgrade was successful and that the system was needed to reset. So I wrote "reset" and hit enter. This was the last time I saw anything on the screen. I tought maybe the reset qould take a couple of minutes so I gave the board 15 min of time alone and went drinking a coffee. But nothing happend. So about 20 min after typing "reset" I cut the power for a couple of seconds and the reconnected... But nothing ever happened since exept the blue LED turning on an the ethernet LEDs flashing for a half a second or so.

So I am asking myself: Did I eventuelly break my board? I read there was a way of flashing the EEPROM directly, but i do definetly not have the equipment for this...

By the way I tried both DP and HDMI - no output. There is no hardware attached aside from a keyboard an a monitor.

Any suggestions?

Pascal

Comments

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin
    Options

Hi Pascal,

I will suggest you unplug the RTC battery and plug in after few minutes and try to turn on the system again. If that does not work then Kindly proceed with RMA and we can flash the BIOS via an SF-100 Programmer.

• Pascal
    Pascal New Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi!

I tried unplugging the BIOS battery but this did not work. So I might need to send my board to you.

As it happens I did not order my up squared through your shop but backed your crowdfounding years ago. I hope you still can help me - I will of cause pay for shipping and your work. Please contact me via my e-mail adress or a direct message.

Best

Pascal

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin
    Options

Hi Pascal,

It is quite some time. yes we can help. Kindly send the board to us and we will update you directly.