Up Boards "Freezing"

keith_smarta
keith_smarta New Member Posts: 3

We've been testing the Up Boards for the past few weeks and have noticed that they "freeze" after a while, (between 30 minutes to a couple of hours)?

We've currently installed Lubuntu 20.10 for our testing... Can anyone suggest any reasons for the "freezing" ?

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    edited December 2020

Ubuntu/Lubuntu 20.10 and Kernel 5.8 has not been tested on UP Board (based on Cherry Trail SoC) and it is not planned to be supported in the future on this specific board.

5.4LTS UP kernel for Ubuntu (supporting Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04) is going to be released soon and it works correctly on UP Board

• keith_smarta
    keith_smarta New Member Posts: 3

Hi DCleri, thanks for the information. A pity about Lubuntu support, we were looking for a "lightweight" solution, but I'm sure we can remove any unneeded packages from Ubuntu.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

You can install Lubuntu 20.04 and then our kernel (now 5.0 and soon to be released 5.4), we simply have not tested and not planned to support Ubuntu/Lubuntu 20.10 or 5.8 kernel.

• UpBored
    UpBored New Member Posts: 16

Do all kernels just not get updated? I mean, I've had to deal with Nvidia being a little slow due to their proprietary IP but this is ridiculous, even in comparison. At worst this could be broken out into userspace many parts of the I/O.