Boot from USB cannot be set in bios

Busycow
Busycow New Member Posts: 3

Hi, I have a up-gws01-a10-1432, I wish to install window 10 and had enter the bios. However, it doesn't have the 'boot from USB' option in the bios. Can someone help?

Comments

• Busycow

Can anyone help? There is no select to boot from USB when I clicked on the boot option 1, 2 and 3.

• waynepiekarski
    waynepiekarski New Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

I have an Up Board and you need to make sure your bootable USB drive is plugged in when you get into the BIOS. You then need to make it boot option #1 in the list above the installed OS. If you do not have a USB drive plugged in, I don't think there is any option for this. Was the USB drive plugged in when you took this screenshot? Make sure you power up the system after you plug in the USB drive. Try different USB ports. Also, make sure your USB flash drive works to boot a different machine as well, perhaps there is something wrong with it?

• Busycow

Hi, I try the USB on my desktop pc and it works. Is there and special requirement for bootable USB?

• waynepiekarski
    waynepiekarski New Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

The UpBoard will boot any USB flash drive that works on your desktop/laptop, such as Ubuntu, etc. What OS are you trying to boot? Did you plug in the drive and then power cycle it?