This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

UP2 power and reset button

Options

I want to use the power and reset button for my application instead of the default auto power on when power is detected in dc connector. However I am not sure about which kind of switch should be installed.
Reset header CN3 seems to work just with a (ON)-OFF momentary switch. It should only close the circuit when pressed, and then board reboots.
But I dont understand the CN2 header. It seems like a ON-OFF switch would do the job. When switch is ON position (circuit closed) board does not power up even power is connected. If swicth goes to OFF position (open circuit) board boots.
I am not sure if I am correct beacuse it is strange. In this setup CN2 switch should be again turned to ON position after a soft-poweroff.
Is there anyone using the CN2 header?

Comments

• rogertsai(AAEON)
    rogertsai(AAEON) New Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

@jmmbarco
    Have you tried to set the Restore AC power Loss to Always off in the BIOS?
    Since the default Restore AC power Loss is Always on, UP2 will always auto turn ON when power plug in.

Press Del to enter BIOS --> Advanced --> Power Management --> Restore AC power Loss

• jmmbarco
    jmmbarco New Member Posts: 15
    Options

Hi! I have taken a different approach. I am using a relay board to connect and disconnect the 5V and 3V3 voltage rails into GPIO pins. The ON/OFF switch is connected to the relay board instead of the UP2.