FPGA

Peter
Peter New Member Posts: 2
Hello all,

I currently need for my project a FPGA that can access a lot of ram. When i look at the specifications of the UP and UP^ i see that there is a FPGA but that the only purpose is to supply IO via the HAT header.

My question is : Is there a way to program the FPGA? And if it does, can it access (fast) the on-board memory?

Greetings, Dippo

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    We are in discussion internally on how to enable the users to re-program the FPGA.

There isn't direct Memory access (e.g. DDR) but most of the SoC buses are connected to it (e.g. SPI, UART, SDIO, etc.) on UP Board and UP Squared.
    On UP board there is only a small CPLD not suitable for this work, maybe on the UP Squared with the 2k. If you need something project specific you can contact AAEON and ask for customizations (e.g. bigger FPGA, etc.).
  • Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin
    We have some update recently.
    There is some discussion on going about FPGA programming tool , and one partner will develop that tool for us. He just get hold of UP Squared recently, and he will start his work. Once the solution is verified, we will announce it soon.
  • Peter
    Peter New Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply.
    I will wait for FPGA programming tool because i still believe the UP or UP^ is heading in the right direction because it offers the best hardware (and perhaps software).
  • deimos
    deimos New Member Posts: 12

Any update on this? I would like to program my CPLD on my up2

• 900megahertz
    900megahertz New Member Posts: 2

Any update on this?