This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

are gpio pins 5v tolerant ?

cannot find this in the wiki or up2 datasheet.

what is the tolerance on the gpio pins ? can i put 5v on them or max 3.3 volt

regards,
Rob Bothof

Comments

• Kurt
    Kurt New Member Posts: 146 ✭✭

I am pretty sure I have read that they are not 5v tolerant, but could be wrong.

I would assume it is like the RPI and only 3.3v. Also the other special connector I believe is only 1.8v

• erenaud
    erenaud New Member Posts: 9

I can't believe how hard it is to find a complete datasheet for Up Squared (and no, you can't call this two pages "user manual" a datasheet)... We have litteraly no informations except the wiki, which seems pretty old. Does anyone know more about pins tolerance ?

• Kurt
    Kurt New Member Posts: 146 ✭✭

Again it would be great if some one from UP/Emutex answered. But again I do not believe that the pins will handle 5v.

That is by the Kickstarter for UP squared as well as the 2 sheet document, it mentions using an Intel Max 10 FPGA for the IO pins.

And if you look at the documents for the Max 10, such as:
    https://www.altera.com/documentation/luo1479889762304.html

And again I don't know how it is hooked up to the main board (single power, multiple power), but the highest voltage I see is 3.3v.
    With multiple power in, it mentions things like:

Table 12. Power Supply Sharing Guidelines for Intel® MAX® 10 (Dual Supply) FPGA – Using the ADC Feature and VCCIO[2..8] Pins are Powered Up at 1.2V/1.35V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V/3.0V/3.3V. Example Requiring 4 Power Regulators

But again hopefully some one else has more definitive answers.

• elmout
    elmout New Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    I reopen this subject as i could not find anything on this forum/wiki and upsquare documentation and i need to build a custom electronic board.
    For all GPIO:
    What is the Vol_max, Voh_min/max, Vilmax, Vih_min/max?
    What is the max Isink/Isource capabilities by pin and over all pins ?
    Regards