Problem in BIOS v4.0 update

jmmbarco
jmmbarco New Member Posts: 15

Hi! I need some support for my Up2. Everything was going fine, I had succesfully installed Ubuntu and W2k19 in dual boot and it worked very good. This afternoon I have upgraded BIOS to v4 following the steps in the download page.
After executing GO.nsh, flashing process started and seemed to finish good, I thought. But screen went black several minutes, I thought that it was rebooting but it is bricked! I am not sure what has happened and I don´t know what I have done wrong....i am going mad I can´t believe I have to throw it away.
Previous BIOS was v2.51 and board is N4200-8GB, please some advice is really needed, board was new, today it was my first day with it.

Comments

• jmmbarco

Some updates here....I have opened an RMA ticket in Mouser to get UP2 revised by UP Shop. Fast reply and service!! :))
    I really wish my board could be recovered!!
    What really scares me is that I still DONT know what was wrong in the process.

• jmmbarco

Hi! The steps I followed during the update trial where the same as described in the BIOS download page (https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up-squared-uefi-bios-v4-0/)
    However there are a couple of points to comment:
    I did not disconnect the ssd before the process. This forced me to enter in fs3 as stated in the page to start the update.
    The other thing to consider is that after executing the batch GO.nsh I got a message that the file I was trying to flash did not match with available size, but there was no option to stop the process. Actually it went on with no errors.
    I ask for some support to update the new board.....

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

if you didn't disconnect the SSD you might see more units, it is normal.
    Also it is ok that the flash did not match the available side, it is harmless warning.

Which BIOS version are you running now, 5.2?

• jmmbarco

Hi,> @DCleri said:

if you didn't disconnect the SSD you might see more units, it is normal.

Yes, as explained in the BIOS download page. Actually I entered in fs3:

Also it is ok that the flash did not match the available side, it is harmless warning.

Good!

Which BIOS version are you running now, 5.2?

Before the issue, I think BIOS was v2.51 (cannot remember exactly). I got the board blocked when updating to v4.0. Which is the required step to go to v5.2
    I have not tried to update the new board yet

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

what BIOS is included in the new board received?

• jmmbarco

Entering the BIOS panel it shows UPA1AM50, so this is v5.0....