This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

UP HD CAmera pinout

Greetings,
I would like to know what is the pinout for the UP HD Camera since I have not been able to find any information yet and the cable that came with the camera got damaged.
I would either buy a new cable or make one on my own, but I do not know what the pinout is neither which connecter should I buy to do so.
If you could please provide info or guidance regarding the entire cable (where to buy it) or the connector type I would really appreciate that.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @DanielPalominoS

It is a USB camera, following the standard USB color codes and if you open the camera you can easily see the USB internal connector.

• DanielPalominoS
    DanielPalominoS New Member Posts: 7

Hi @DCleri ,
    Thank you so much for your quick response.
    The information is really appreciated.
    Do you know what the reference of the connector is? It seems to be a JST, but I don't know which type though. If so, it would be really helpful in order to buy the proper one without struggling so much on trial and error.

I should probabilly open another thread, but if possible, could you please tell me if there is any other camera or sensor to be recommended for using along with the UP boards (with similar form factor and weight features). We are already using a realsense camera on the drone and need to keep weight as light as possible.
    I've seen some threads from people discussing about MIPI Cameras such as Raspberry camera, but haven't found anything yet.

Thank you so much for your attention.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

This is the only one we are using internally, but we also tried Logitech cameras and they work well.
    In general any USB UVC camera will work without issues.

MIPI-CSI cameras are not supported on UP series due to drivers limitations from Intel.

For the connector, I am afraid I can't help as I don't have the part number of the components

• DanielPalominoS
    DanielPalominoS New Member Posts: 7

Thank you again @DCleri for your quick response and for the information.
    It is really helpful, I will have that in count to do some tests while the Up camera issue is solved.
    I will keep trying to find further information for the connector.
    Thanks.