Unable to build WIndows IOT core Image

jmadeley
jmadeley New Member Posts: 12

I am following instructions to build a Windows IOT Core flash.ffu file. https://downloads.up-community.org/download/windows-iot-core-bsp-and-guide/

I always get an error on the BuildImage Step

Package is missing from \?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\MSPackages\Retail\AMD64\fre\Microsoft.IoTUAP.IoTUAPProductSpecificFM~31bf3856ad364e35~AMD64~~.cab

Even when I do no customization and type the exact commands in the document screenshots, I get the error. (except your example has the BSPName as APLx64 instead of UPAPL in the Add-IotProduct step). I have installed all the versions of the tools from the current https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/iot/set-up-your-pc-to-customize-iot-core web page.

Comments

• garyw
    garyw New Member, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 82 admin

@jmadeley
    could you provide more information from IoTCorePShell as below, ADK version and IOTCORE version should be the same.

• jmadeley

All versions the same except it looks like you have a different version of IoTCoreShell. You have 6.0.200306.820. I have 6.0.200326.1705. I got the current version off of GitHub (https://github.com/ms-iot/iot-adk-addonkit/). Could you give me a link to your IoTCoreShell version so I could test to see if that solves my problem? Any other ideas?
    Thank you so much for your help!!!

• garyw

@jmadeley
    No matter which version of iot-adk-addon kit you are using, I can build succeed in the latest one,

based on your error message, do you have modified your TestOEMInput.xml?

Package is missing from \?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\MSPackages\Retail\AMD64\fre\Microsoft.IoTUAP.IoTUAPProductSpecificFM~31bf3856ad364e35~AMD64~~.cab

• jmadeley

I have tried to build from your instructions with no modifications to TestOEMInput.xml
    I Download iot_core_build_20200603 and extract to d:\
    I make a blank d:\TestWS subdirectory
    I run IotCorePShell as administrator
    new_ws "D:\TestWS" AAEON x64
    importpkg *
    copy-item -force -recurse -Path "D:\iot_core_build_20200603\BSP*" -destination "D:\TestWS\Source-x64\BSP\"
    copy-item -force -recurse -Path "D:\iot_core_build_20200603\Packages*" -destination "D:\TestWS\Source-x64\Packages\"
    Add-IoTProduct
    UPS_Test
    UPAPL
    AAEON
    UPS
    UPS-APLC2
    AAEON
    UPS-APL
    BuildPkg All
    BuildImage UPS_Test Test

I have attached a log of the PShell output as well as a screen shot of the error message.

Log.txt 10.3K
  • jmadeley

I tried the build on a different computer and did not get the error on the BuildImage command.

Some typos on my procedure above are corrected below:
    I Download iot_core_build_20200603 and extract to d:\
    I make a blank d:\TestWS subdirectory
    I run IotCorePShell as administrator
    new-ws "D:\TestWS" AAEON x64
    importpkg *
    copy-item -force -recurse -Path "D:\iot_core_build_20200603\BSP" -destination "D:\TestWS\Source-x64"
    copy-item -force -recurse -Path "D:\iot_core_build_20200603\Packages
    " -destination "D:\TestWS\Source-x64"
    Add-IoTProduct
    UPS_Test
    UPAPL
    AAEON
    UPS
    UPS-APLC2
    AAEON
    UPS-APL
    BuildPkg All
    BuildImage UPS_Test Test

• garyw

@jmadeley
    weird, I follow your steps and still build succeed. you can check the build logs as attached looks I didn't required the package Microsoft.IoTUAP.IoTUAPProductSpecificFM~31bf3856ad364e35~AMD64~~.cab