This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

eGPU PCIe

jmverges
jmverges New Member Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone tried to put a eGPU vie the PCIe of the fast board expansion. https://egpu.io/external-gpu-buyers-guide-2019/#mPCIe-interface

Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

• uscdadnyc
    uscdadnyc New Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

TS=10JUN2020 The URL in your Comment show a Full-Size External PCI(?) Slot on a mini-board that cables into the mini-PCIe Board. Said PCIe board goes into the Slot in the Up-Board-Core-Hi-Speed Carrier Board (Correct?) You would still have to buy a Graphics Card.
    Wouldn't you? I know that adding a Graphics Card will Off-Load the Burden of the Atom Processor in the UP-Board-Core, BUT even w/ this in Mind, does the Atom Processor up to the Job? Your URL leads to such an arrangement w/ an Apple MAC mini. Doesn't a MAC mini
    have more Horsepower that the Atom Processor in the UP-Board-Core?
    I have decided to add mini-PCIe-Board that has (two) SATA Data Connectors. It is on-order. Will post results when available.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

in theory you can but it is very limited bandwidth with the CPU

• jmverges
    jmverges New Member Posts: 3

I still have this in mind from time to time, didn't try yet, I have a card but not the adaptor. If you do let me know.