dmi table is broken error message on new BIOS R1.5

Options
noom
noom New Member Posts: 9

Just upgrade new bios for Up Core Plus. After upgrade BIOS R1.5 (UPCPSM15), the linux kernel 4.14.87-rt49 got the message "invalid entry length (0). dmi table is broken stop" and power switch cannot press to shutdown. Before upgrade, the BIOS R1.0 working fine without any error message and the power button also working. Please help me to solve this problem.

Tagged:

Comments

• noom
    edited April 2020
    Options

I have 2 model of Up Core Plus, Atom® x5-E3930, 2GB RAM & 32GB eMMC and Atom® x7-E3950, 8GB RAM & 64GB eMMC. The "x7-E3950, 8GB RAM" run without any error message on new bios r1.5.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

Hi @noom,

Can you please clarify if the issue is present only on one of the boards?

Did you update multiple boards and after the update only one presents the broken error message?

• noom
    Options

yes, done on both model twice time and only Atom® x5-E3930, 2GB RAM got the problem.

• noom
    Options

Hi @DCleri,
    Any help on your side? How fast you can answer on this forum? I also try to get support from AAEON but no answer from them. How can I get technical support when this product problem? Still try to looking for channel to talk and get help.

• DCleri
    Options

Hi @noom

How did you contact AAEON directly?
    For UP products you get community support here and, in case of product defect you can contact the shop, if you bought the product from there and request for support/RMA.
    We are currently investigating the issue you have encountered with that specific model.

As I suggested before, if you are woking on a project and it is urgent, you can contact the shop and request for a support contract with specific requirements/response time.

• DCleri
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hi @noom

We have confirmed the issue you reported in our tests and we are now planning the fix/update in the next UP Core Plus BIOS.
    It only affects the X5-E3930 Dual Core SKU.

We will provide an update on the expected BIOS release shortly.

Unfortunately we cannot provide older versions of the BIOS as downgrading to previous versions have not been validated.

• noom
    Options

Hi @DCleri,

Very good news, thank you very much. We plan to use the X5-E3930 Dual Core to build our product, hopefully we'll get an update soon.

• noom
    Options

Hi @DCleri
    Is there any progress for the new BIOS version?

• noom
    Options

Look link very hard to fix the problem.

• DCleri
    Options

Hello @noom

We have been able to replicate the issue and our BIOS team has scheduled the update for later in July.

If you need urgently the update, please contact our shop directly for a project support request.

Tagged