Realsense D435 random disconnects

filipematos
filipematos New Member Posts: 1

I have two cameras connected (Realsense D435) to a single UP Squared Board (through USB3.0). Everything is fine except sometimes one of the cameras (most often) or both disconnect from the board (no longer available through lsusb) without any clear reason. Switching it off and switching back on solves the problem. After posting this issue on the librealsense github they clearly told me the problem should be with the Up board. Anyone with a similar issue?

Comments

• FrankFC
    FrankFC New Member Posts: 5

Hello filipematos,

It has been some time since you posted your question.

Did you manage to solve the disconnection issues? I have the same problem with a D415.

Thanks,
    Regards.

• Aling
    Aling Guest Posts: 561 admin

I am wondering if this is because of the resources problem on the board. We don't recommend 2 RealSense cameras for one UP board/ UP Squared. Did you try to connect only one camera? Did the problem happen again with only one camera?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Are you using a 5V6A PSU?

Do you have any other peripheral connected to the board?

• FrankFC

Hello @Aling & @DCleri ,

In our case, we have only one RealSense D415 connected to the UP2 board and there is no other peripheral connected.
    Sometimes it gets disconnected without any apparent reason and it needs an unplug and plug again of the usb cable to solve the issue.

We are not sure whether it is a problem on the camera or the UP2 board, since the Realsense camera is very sensitive to USB cable movements.

I confirm that we use a 5V6A PSU..

Rgds.

• DCleri

Hi @FrankFC
    To which USB port is connected and what cable are you using?

Have you also installed the latest firmware available for your camera?

• FrankFC

Hi @DCleri

The camera is connected to the USB 3.0 port that is next to the power supply connector and the HDMI port.
    The USB cable we use is the one provided with the RealSense camera (USB 3.0). Recently, on some SBCs we have changed this cable with a better quality, shielded and shorter unit to see if the connection stability improves.

We are currently running the Realsense fw version 5.11.6.250. It was the latest version when we deployed our solution but now I just checked that there are 3 new version since then.

• DCleri

Hi @FrankFC

Can you try after the update and eventually also a better shielded cable?

Also what you can try is to use the USB 3.0 on front, just as alternative option to consider (which is not close to other cables/ports)