I plugged video and power in and nothing

Options

I plugged video, power and usb 3 hub in and connected keyboard and mouse. when I hit the power button I get nothing. I would like to install Linux Mint or Debian on this. help

Comments

• AndrejT
    AndrejT New Member Posts: 5
    Options

Same here. I waited several months to receive the Up Core Plus from Kickstarter and on the first try I just get a blue LED lighting and no other sign of life. (Connected the power supply as delivered alongside with the Up board and attached a display to the DP - pressing the power button shortly or longer does not help) At least I was expecting to see a kind of BIOS boot image or text, but nothing. Furthermore, is there any How-To or Wiki for the Core Plus? Can't find anything related or specific for the Plus, only for the 'old' Up Core... I also tried to remove and reattach the coin cell battery as suggested for the Up Core, but also without help, still same behavior.
    Am I still missing something?

Would appreciate any pointers to debug/triage the issue. And please update the Wiki for Core Plus as well. Looks like I'm not the only one having such an issue. Thanks

• AndrejT
    Options

@scottie4442
    If you also haven't gave up on the Core Plus, you may check discussion 'On delivery: No boot. Next steps?' here within the same category.
    As long as you see the LED powered, it might be a DisplayPort (DP) issue. I.e. if you're using a wrong DP adapter, or if not plugged in to a native DP monitor.

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin
    Options

Please make sure you are using a DP to DP cable or an active adapter like this: Renkforce DisplayPort / HDMI Adapter with model number DP-UHDMF-A

Regarding the setup, the instruction in our wiki covers all the boards:
    https://wiki.up-community.org/Ubuntu

For UP Core Plus, after the initial installation, you would need to use an ethernet adapter, or copy manually the kernel and wifi deb packages and install manually, as described here (instructions available for both Ubuntu 16.04 an 18.04):
    https://wiki.up-community.org/Ubuntu#Install_Ubuntu_kernel_4.15.0_for_UP_locally_from_debian_packages_on_Ubuntu_16.04
    https://wiki.up-community.org/Ubuntu#Install_the_Ampak_firmware_for_WiFi_and_Bluetooth_locally_from_debian_package_on_Ubuntu_16.04

• AndrejT
    Options

Hi @DCleri
    Does the Wifi require antennas? I followed the above wiki, but sudo iwlist wlan0 scan tells all the time: No scan results
    I installed Ubuntu 18.04 with following Kernel: (uname -a)
    4.15.0-37-generic #40~upboard04-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 14 13:49:37 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    I've use the .deb packages to install the kernel + firmware-ampak. Even with both, firmware-ampak_1.2.0-0_all.deb or firmware-ampak_1.2.1-0_all.deb I'm getting same result.
    What I've observed, dmesg tells for brcmfmac:
    [ 9.560565] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_map_chip_to_name: using ampak/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin for chip 0x004345(17221) rev 0x000006
    [ 9.561293] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
    [ 11.658461] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: Direct firmware load for ampak/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2
    [ 11.658468] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_process_clm_blob: no clm_blob available(err=-2), device may have limited channels available
    [ 11.658810] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware version = wl0: Mar 1 2015 07:29:38 version 7.45.18 (r538002) FWID 01-6a2c8ad4
    I.e., the clm_blob err
    Wifi works if I'm using an external Wifi-Dongle. So no doubts Wifi network is unavailable...