Mobile Broadband in Up^2 edge computer

vpodolskiy
vpodolskiy New Member Posts: 13

Hello,

I wanted to check 3G/4G capabilities of the Up^2 edge computer that we have (https://up-shop.org/up-systems/292-up-squared-lora-edge-computing.html). Apparently, there should be a SIM-card in the edge computer (I've received an empty holder of such card stapled with the very short instruction on how to start the edge computer). When I open the networks menu in Ubuntu, I see the section Mobile Broadband, but it is gray and has only one option "not registered". I went into the settings of this connection to learn more, but all I see there are the basic settings filled in such as number, username, password and the APN live.vodafone.com. I don't really know how to enable this capability fully and really lack instructions to do so. Could someone kindly provide instructions or share the experience working with LTE on Up^2 edge computer?

Best regards,
VP

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @vpodolskiy

Where have you bought the UP Squared Edge Gateway, from our up-shop.org ?

• vpodolskiy

@DCleri said:
    Hi @vpodolskiy

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply! Well, the person that ordered it is not accessible at the moment, but according to the email that I got - it is either from up-shop.org or from varia-store.com (the shop in Germany). Is the SIM card put in the device by producer or distributor?

After some additional research I've stumbled upon the website of Stream Technologies and their API to register the SIM-card, but I would need to get the credentials from them in order to register the card, it seems (even GET request for this card's SIM-number did not succeed because it was not authenticated). Any suggestions? or am I going the wrong direction?

I'm just lost, so I would appreciate some directions :)

• vpodolskiy

@DCleri said:
    Hi @vpodolskiy

Update: it was ordered from varia-store.com. I assume I should contact them?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Yes that is correct.

We don't provide SIM cards with our Gateways directly from our shop.