This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

Long beep at device startup

I have a problem with long beep at sturtup of new UpBoards. We used many of them and there was no beep at device startup. I think it's some change. How to turn off this sound? It's not proper for some projects.

Comments

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Can you please provide the exact model number and revision of your board?

• MaciejTB
    MaciejTB New Member Posts: 3

I don' t know now - our customer has all this boards built in our devices, so rather will not check . Anyway the problem is about one PIN - there should be some change on this and thats because this there's a signal at devices startup what's causes long beep via our buzzer. Did anything changed last time with UP pin 4 / Linux pin 27?

• DCleri
    DCleri Administrator, AAEON Posts: 1,213 admin

Hi @MaciejTB

I don't understand what you mean by last time.

If I don't know what specific UP (is it UP Board, UP Squared, else?) or hardware revision you are mentioning (at this moment there is UP A1.0 and UP A1.1), what BIOS version, what Linux OS and Kernel and what settings, it is not possible to say much.

From our side I can tell you that the Linux Kernel drivers we developed for UP has the same behaviour and it has been tested on all the revisions.

From the hardware side these are the changes for UP Board on A1.1:
    https://forum.up-community.org/discussion/3601/pcn-up-board-series-pcb-emmc-change

• MaciejTB
    MaciejTB New Member Posts: 3

Hi @DCleri . I will try to get this information from customer (we don't have this devices here) I meant that something might change on the pin where we have buzzer connected, becase on device startup it get probably high level signal, so the buzzer beeps and it didn't appear earlier. I was wondering if it's possible to turn it off on startup.