slow wifi

Options
Janphr
Janphr New Member Posts: 3

Hey,
I am trying to get the full potential of the 9260 wifi module in my UP Xtreme I7-8565U.
Unfortunately, the connection is quite unstable and rarely makes it to ~12MB/s, but mostly only ~5MB/s, measured on the local network between the UP boards wifi interface and a laptop connected via ethernet.

In the same setup, the laptop manages a stable ~80MB/s (laptop wlan interface -> network -> UP board eth interface).

Here's the output of sudo lshw -C network

*-network                 
       description: Wireless interface
       product: Wireless-AC 9260
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
       logical name: wlp1s0
       version: 29
       serial: 00:a5:54:ff:99:25
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwlwifi driverversion=5.4.0-1-generic firmware=46.ea3728ee.0 ip=172.25.33.107 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
       resources: irq:17 memory:a1300000-a1303fff

Is it possible, that the kernel doesn't support a higher bandwidth?

Best regards!

Comments

• Butters8600
    Butters8600 New Member Posts: 1
    Options

Check if there is interference from other Wi-Fi networks or electronic devices using the same frequency channels. You can use tools like "iwlist" or "wavemon" to check for nearby networks and their channel usage.
    Ensure that the signal strength is strong between your UP board and the Wi-Fi router. Weak signals can result in lower data transfer rates.

Or else look for a new router. I use Zyxel for both my business and at home. If you wanna update your laptop make sure to find one which can use Wifi 7 so you can use all the new advantages. Read more herehttps://service-provider.zyxel.com/emea/en/wifi-7-solutions

Privacy Policy