Ubuntu and Debian post install issues.

Options
Retro_Hacker
Retro_Hacker New Member Posts: 2

I have a couple of up squared machines and both Ubuntu and Debian crash the machine when trying to log into the desktop or if successful, crash when launching a web browser or console.

it seems to possibly be a graphics driver issue because it seems pretty stable when I’m just using a normal virtual console.

Nothing in the system, or kernel logs at all, and no successful attempt to try and trace any errors.

also, would anyone be kind enough to donate a couple of the SATA power cables if they have any spares please ?. There is a tiny little to pin the connector next to the SATA port And that’s so I can plug in an SSD.

If anyone could help me with either of these two issues that would be great. Thank you very much.

John Telek.

Answers

• Wilbert
    Wilbert New Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Sir,

Here are the following points that I need to trouble you to confirm for me, so that I can reproduce your problem and provide assistance.
    1. BIOS version?
    2. Ubuntu version? Kernel version?
    3. Is there any abnormal phenomenon or special settings during the installation process?
    4. You suspect that it is related to the graphics driver. May I ask which devices you connected to during the test(USB/Monitor...etc.)? Which screens(HDMI/DP/eDP)? Screen model(ASUS/MSI/BENQ..etc.)? Have you exchanged other screens to confirm?
    5. When you use it, what is the model of the power supply? Wattage?

By the way, if you need it, you can purchase the SATA Kit through the following website.
    https://up-shop.org/satacable.html

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee.