Creating OS for Windows IoT Core on Up4000 with Drivers (GPIO)

Options
RenUpUser
RenUpUser New Member Posts: 6
edited April 2023 in UP 4000 Windows

The UP4000 is advertised as being able to run Windows 10 IoT Core, however there isn't a download for it here: https://downloads.up-community.org/, under Up4000.

I'm assuming that as it supersedes the Up Board the download for this should be used, including the BSP's and packages for the Up Board (UPCHT). After following these guides provided here: https://downloads.up-community.org/download/windows-iot-core-bsp-and-guide/, I cannot get my board to enter the OOBE. Instead it hangs on "please wait while we get things ready", I have left it loading for 2 hours to no avail. Can someone please advise on what I am doing wrong?

I have been able to launch Windows 10 IoT Core on my Up4000 using a .ffu for an Up Board but was made without the inclusion of any drivers, however I require the use of the GPIO. Hence trying again.

It's worth noting that I have configured the board for GPIO in the BIOS.

Your response will be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Wilbert
    Wilbert New Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Sir,

First of all, Windows IOT Core is mainly set according to the CPU platform, so you should install UPAPL (UP4000).
    If you want to use the functions of HAT40, please install Up Framework separately.
    We have installed and tested during the development stage to confirm that Windows IOT Core can be installed and used normally.
    If you still have the same problem after installing UPAPL Windows 10 IOT Core, please ask another question so that we can provide technical assistance to confirm.

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee

• RenUpUser
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply.
    Unfortunately I still have the same issue when using the UPAPL BSP. Can you please confirm that the x64 IoT Core ADK is the correct one to use? The part number of my board is: UP-APL03P4F-A10-0864.

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

There is an attached user manual on our website, and the above method is feasible after we have tested it.
    According to your picture, you can refer to the third page (Chapter 3) to build it. I will arrange manpower and time to test this motherboard and version again.

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee

• RenUpUser
    Options

I have followed the guides you mention exactly, I was just weary that there was no mention of the UP4000 in them so was sure I was incorrectly selecting something related to another board type as I was having to guess.
    I would very much appreciate your time and manpower, thank you! I can share with you my boot drive files if that helps diagnosis?

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

Unfortunately, Microsoft currently stops supporting Windows 10 IOT Core in general.
    Many of the necessary files are provided from Microsoft.
    If you have follow-up needs, you need ask Microsoft.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-iot-core

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

We will discuss with Microsoft in the near future and start testing for IOT Core LTSC. If there is any update, we will notify you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee.

• RenUpUser
    Options

Hi Wilbert,

Despite the support halting, the understanding was that the Up4000 can run IoT Core?
    I have downloaded all necessary files which I can zip and send over to you if that helps with this investigation?

Thanks.

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

For each user, we will hope that Microsoft will provide an official website link to avoid other problems.
    Our software engineers have arranged for this request to be processed, and we will let you know if there is an update.

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee.

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

Based on your picture, it initially looks like wrong package is included.
    In 5/3 replies, the BSP_ARCH side is arm, but our mainboards are all x86 systems, and this is the most suspicious part.
    Attach a link to Microsoft, here are some related notes
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/tutorials/quickstarter/prototypeboards

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee