UP Board benchmark slow

Options
3cells
3cells New Member Posts: 22

I am just setting up a new UPBoard (Ubuntu 18.04) and have noticed it is particularly slow to respond. So I ran it through geekbench5 to see if this was indeed the case. It scored very low. so I tested one of our older boards and got Single CPU 178 and Multi-Core 393. Looking at other UPBoard scores I note that around 178 for single CPU is correct but some machines are in the 600's for multi-core. I would like to know why some machines - like mine are slow and what needs to be done to get some speed back?
https://browser.geekbench.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=CHT01

Best Answer

• 3cells
    Answer ✓
    Options

Wilbert, Thanks for coming back to me. The BIOS was 2.3 (UPC1DM23 8/17/2020). Having read on a thread others having slow boards with 2.3 I changed the BIOS.
    I couldn't get it to up date to 2.5 so went back to 1.7. Geekbench 5 is now up with the best 180 single core and 631 multicore score. Response to apps etc is now what I expected from one of these boards - not the slow response I had with 2.3 BIOS.

Answers

• Wilbert
    Wilbert New Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Sir,

May I ask what BIOS version you are using? Please update to the latest version if possible.

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee.

• 3cells
    Options

I have tried to up date to 2.5 using several different USB sticks - won't have it?

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

If it cannot be updated, you can manually adjust and turn on IGD Turbo, and you should be able to get similar performance.
    For some reasons, IGD was turned off in some version BIOS, and finally turned on in R2.5 version.

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee.

• Wilbert
    Options

Hi Sir,

According to historical records, we enabled IGD Turbo in version R2.5. If your bios version can't be updated, it is recommended to adjust it manually. Other BIOS changes are not affected (increased hardware support)
    If you desperately need to update to R25, you will need to send back to RMA for assistance.
    But I'm very curious, you can go back to R1.7 from R2.3, but you can't update from R2.3 to R2.5?

Best Regards,
    Wilbert Lee.

Privacy Policy