If you already made something, tell us!
which Board for USB OTG/device mode + 4k30 live encoding?
I'm looking for a Board to serve as a NAS and remote KVM. So it should have:
- 4k30Hz live encoding capability (precise codec doesn't matter that much, there are also no huge quality requirements) - Can't find when 4K became available with intel quicksync?
- USB3.0 in device mode (also known as OTG, but that technically isn't a thing with USB-C, there it would be an upstream facing port UFP or dual role data DRD). At least 5Gb/s / Superspeed should be supproted. Every connector is fine, but I'd favor USB-C.
- it should support one NVMe SSD with at least PCIe2x1 and two SATA disks. The disks could be attached through a Sata controller board (second PCIe2x1 device)
- designing a relatively simple board would be OK.
- should be at most 105x105 mm²
I can't find info whether USB device mode works with superspeed - can someone confirm that, for specific devices?
aside of the USB device mode support, cadidates are:
- up squared (original - second SATA broken auf from mSATA)
- up4000 is short one SATA or PCIe port (why are there two SATA clock signals but only one set of data lines on the extension header?) - otherwise it would
- up squared 6000 (sata controller on M2 2230)
are there others?
Thanks in advance!
- All Categories
- 105 Announcements & News
- 54 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 185 Welcome Developers!
- 55 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 48 Tech Updates
- 693 UP Products
- 11 UP 7000
- 1 UP Squared i12
- 10 UP Xtreme i12
- 11 UP Squared Pro 7000
- 1 UP Element i12 Edge
- 19 UP Squared V2
- 59 UP 4000
- 24 UP Xtreme i11
- 35 UP Squared 6000
- 60 UP Squared Pro
- 143 UP Xtreme
- 837 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 89 UP Core Plus
- 222 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 44 UP AI Edge
- 216 Starter Kits & Peripheral