This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

New UP Gateway USB port failure

Options
nquery
nquery New Member Posts: 1

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct sub forum to post in as I don't see anything for the Gateway.

I received my Gateway today via DHL. Plugged in a simple linux OS via USB stick that many others use without issue and I am getting the attached constant USB error. I feel like there might be a hardware issue with one of the USB ports or hub????

The strange thing is that the error is aways on usb port 1-7.3. And it occurs even with NO USB devices plugged into the Gateway at all (after booting from the ram based linux on USB stick and removing). Also, I tried plugging a keyboard into all 4 USB 2.0 ports and it works on ALL of them. I.e. it doesn't seem like it's related to one of the USB 2.0 ports. I don’t have a USB 3.0 OTG cable/device to test that port.

Very confusing - again, the attached error keeps spinning even with no usb devices plugged in. It's like there is an electrical issue somewhere. Should I return this device?

Cheers