I/O error during installation and sudden restarts during usage
I am using UP boards for more than two years now. I have used 3 different versions. But never found this specific issue I am describing here.
Recently I bought 4 new Up-boards for my new project. Their part number is UP-CHT01-A22-0432-B10
For my purpose, I use Ubuntu 16.04 as OS. 3 of the 4 boards were completely fine. But one board is showing problems from the very beginning:
- During OS installation, the board hung up after I clicked "Install now". It should go to the next step within seconds. After waiting for around 10 minutes, I restarted the board and started over.
- In my second attempt, it proceeded to the file copy step. But then showed an error message- "Error during copying files". It said that the hard disk might be faulty. I am attaching the screenshot here. Note that the USB drive I am using for OS installation is the same one I used to set up the other three boards (before and after). All worked without any problem.
- I restarted the board and tried again. This time the OS was successfully installed. (3rd time)
- After OS installation, when I started to use the board, it restarted several times suddenly without any reason.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the reason?
- All Categories
- 105 Announcements & News
- 55 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 184 Welcome Developers!
- 55 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 32 Tech Updates
- 661 UP Products
- 2 UP 7000
- UP Squared i12
- 8 UP Xtreme i12
- 9 UP Squared Pro 7000
- 1 UP Element i12 Edge
- 18 UP Squared V2
- 54 UP 4000
- 24 UP Xtreme i11
- 35 UP Squared 6000
- 58 UP Squared Pro
- 142 UP Xtreme
- 834 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 89 UP Core Plus
- 222 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 44 UP AI Edge
- 215 Starter Kits & Peripheral