I/O error during installation and sudden restarts during usage
I am using UP boards for more than two years now. I have used 3 different versions. But never found this specific issue I am describing here.
Recently I bought 4 new Up-boards for my new project. Their part number is UP-CHT01-A22-0432-B10
For my purpose, I use Ubuntu 16.04 as OS. 3 of the 4 boards were completely fine. But one board is showing problems from the very beginning:
- During OS installation, the board hung up after I clicked "Install now". It should go to the next step within seconds. After waiting for around 10 minutes, I restarted the board and started over.
- In my second attempt, it proceeded to the file copy step. But then showed an error message- "Error during copying files". It said that the hard disk might be faulty. I am attaching the screenshot here. Note that the USB drive I am using for OS installation is the same one I used to set up the other three boards (before and after). All worked without any problem.
- I restarted the board and tried again. This time the OS was successfully installed. (3rd time)
- After OS installation, when I started to use the board, it restarted several times suddenly without any reason.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the reason?
- 300 All Categories
- 104 Announcements & News
- 50 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 184 Welcome Developers!
- 52 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 24 Tech Updates
- 521 UP Products
- UP Xtreme i12
- UP Squared Pro 7000
- UP Element i12 Edge
- 6 UP Squared V2
- 17 UP 4000
- 23 UP Xtreme i11
- 34 UP Squared 6000
- 44 UP Squared Pro
- 139 UP Xtreme
- 813 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 88 UP Core Plus
- 221 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 43 UP AI Edge
- 215 Starter Kits & Peripheral