UART or GPIO Reprog

Vinco
Vinco New Member Posts: 3

Hi guys,
I'm working on a drone project (PX4Vision) which uses the Intel Up Core board as a companion computer and I have a question regarding the GPIO.

Is it possible, like on a RaspberryPie, to reconfigure the usage of GPIO pins ?

I'd like, for instance, to reconfigure the UART0 pins into simple on/off GPIO pins to use them as interruption "button". Is it possible and if yes in what file this config is made (and what about the reboot) ?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin
    edited September 2021

Hi @Vinco ,

The default UART0 pins 9 and 10 on CN7 cannot be reconfigured. For GPIO controlling, we suggest to use ISH_GPIO via docking 100-pin header (1.8v level). Kindly refer to the UP Core Pinout

Best Regards,

• Vinco

Hi camillus,
    thanks a lot for your answer, helps me so much.

So all the ISH-GPIO are available for programming right ? If there are a part of the 100-pi header how can I physically access them (like to wire them) ? are there reachable via an additional carrier-board for instance ?

Thanks

• camillus
    camillus Administrator, Moderator, AAEON Posts: 188 admin

Hi @Vinco ,

Yes they are available for programming. You can access them using a cable connected to a carrier board.
    You can find the carrier board on the UP Shop

Best regards,

• Vinco

Great thanks a lot.
    Unfortunately I just realized that I have a customized version of this carrier board, and it only gives access to I2C, SPI, UART and USB but all the GPIO seem unused and unreachable through the carrier board...
    Thanks anyway I found the answer I was looking for !