This is the area to clarify hardware specification if there's anything unclear from the datasheet. If the specification is software related, please ask in the related software section.

CN7 Uart0 connection

Options
glenn
glenn New Member Posts: 1

Dear all,

I'm currently trying to connect a sensor to the Uart0 connection via CN7.
First of all I'm not 100% clear on the pins but it seems that they are increasing from right to left and the left most two pins correspond to RX and TX respectively. Is that correct?

Secondly I'm having an issue with the sensor I'm using.
its all fine and working via e.g. /dev/tyyUSB0 however when using /dev/ttyS0 (Uart0) the return values are all over the plate an don't seem right.
Im using a python and C routine. When using the python routine it works, with the C routine it doesn't.
I was noticing that the Vtime was always set to 0 after I executed the C routine even though explicitly setting it to 10 (min always gets set to 1 afterwards).
The output of stty of /dev/ttyS0 is:

speed 115200 baud; rows 24; columns 80; line = 0; intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; discard = ^O; min = 1; time = 0; -parenb -parodd -cmspar cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts -ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon -ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel iutf8 opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0 -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt -echoctl -echoke -flusho -extproc

and the output for /dev/ttyUSB0 (working for both python and C):
speed 115200 baud; rows 0; columns 0; line = 0; intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; discard = ^O; min = 0; time = 10; -parenb -parodd -cmspar cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts -ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon -ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel -iutf8 -opost -olcuc -ocrnl -onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0 -isig -icanon iexten -echo -echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt echoctl echoke -flusho -extproc

do you have any clue as to what is going on here?

best
Glenn