Setting Up a Motion Sensor on Up Xtreme with Ubuntu
Hi there, I was recently sponsored with an Up Xtreme for a project I'm working on, and am still learning how to use it.
I would like to set up a motion sensor to use as a stimulus to run a program when activated. However, as I have no experience with this sort of hardware setup/interfacing/programming, I need some help in figuring out how to accomplish this. Most of the guides online are for Raspberry Pi/Arduino, so it would be helpful if someone could guide me in this matter.
My objectives are:
1. Figure out and get all the necessary and compatible hardware components
2. Set them up properly to interface with the Up computer board
3. Access the input/output from the motion sensor so that I can run a program when the sensor detects motion
As I am completely new to this kind of configuration, any help is useful and appreciated.
- 267 All Categories
- 104 Announcements & News
- 35 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 175 Welcome Developers!
- 48 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 15 Tech Updates
- 235 UP Products
- 20 UP Squared Pro
- 107 UP Xtreme
- 763 UP Squared
- 1.3K UP Board
- 81 UP Core Plus
- 209 UP Core
- 1 UP Xtreme Lite
- 36 UP AI Edge
- 207 Starter Kits & Peripheral