Setting Up a Motion Sensor on Up Xtreme with Ubuntu
Hi there, I was recently sponsored with an Up Xtreme for a project I'm working on, and am still learning how to use it.
I would like to set up a motion sensor to use as a stimulus to run a program when activated. However, as I have no experience with this sort of hardware setup/interfacing/programming, I need some help in figuring out how to accomplish this. Most of the guides online are for Raspberry Pi/Arduino, so it would be helpful if someone could guide me in this matter.
My objectives are:
1. Figure out and get all the necessary and compatible hardware components
2. Set them up properly to interface with the Up computer board
3. Access the input/output from the motion sensor so that I can run a program when the sensor detects motion
As I am completely new to this kind of configuration, any help is useful and appreciated.
- 258 All Categories
- 102 Announcements & News
- 33 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 173 Welcome Developers!
- 46 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 14 Tech Updates
- 148 UP Products
- 3 UP Squared Pro
- 96 UP Xtreme
- 739 UP Squared
- 1.3K UP Board
- 79 UP Core Plus
- 205 UP Core
- UP Xtreme Lite
- 34 UP AI Edge
- 206 Starter Kits & Peripheral