How to set up the Fully Preemtible Kernel
jhp New Member Posts: 15 ✭
linux-hwe-edge_5.0.0-1.2~upboard4 After applying lowlatency to the kernel, if I look at the Preemtion Model setting in the menuconfig, I can't find the Fully Preemtible Kernel item.
There is only Preemptible kernel in the Preemption Model menu. How can I make the Fully Preemtible Kernel visible?
To apply the Fully Preemtible Kernel, apply patch-5.0.21-rt16 to the linux-hwe-edge_5.0.0-1.2_upboard4 kernel and set it with menuconfig, and then an error occurs when building.
There seems to be no problem with the general build dependency (successful when building linux-hwe-edge_5.0.0-1.2_upboard4 + linux-image-unsigned-5.0.0-1-lowlatency_5.0.0-1.2_upboard4_amd64)
Please let me know if there is anything I need to do to apply rt-patch.
- We don't have an Ubuntu fully preemptible kernel
- We haven't tested the RT patch in our Ubuntu kernel for UP, there is for sure need of integration and testing to make it work. If you need assistance on a custom kernel you can request a quote for engineering services via our shop: https://up-shop.org/
- 303 All Categories
- 104 Announcements & News
- 52 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 184 Welcome Developers!
- 53 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 24 Tech Updates
- 592 UP Products
- 6 UP Xtreme i12
- 1 UP Squared Pro 7000
- 1 UP Element i12 Edge
- 13 UP Squared V2
- 41 UP 4000
- 24 UP Xtreme i11
- 34 UP Squared 6000
- 49 UP Squared Pro
- 140 UP Xtreme
- 826 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 89 UP Core Plus
- 221 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 44 UP AI Edge
- 215 Starter Kits & Peripheral