Update Python version on UpSquared 2

Options
OctaM13
OctaM13 New Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I have an UpSquared 2 and I try to convert a Keras model to Tensorflow to IR. The problem is that when I try to run the scripts from UpSquared (the ones that should convert .pb model to IR format) I get this error: "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".
Now I tried to convert the same model using Openvino in google colab, which has Ubuntu 16.04, Python3.6 and tensorflow 1.12.0 and everything worked fine. I also installed Openvino on my Macbook and with Python3.6 and tensorflow 1.12.0 I achieved the same IR format.

My UpSquared 2 came with Python3.5 and tensorflow 1.9.0. My question is: can I upgrade these versions without breaking anything?

Comments

• AdamMiltonBarker
    AdamMiltonBarker New Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2020
    Options

@OctaM13 said:
    Hello,

I have an UpSquared 2 and I try to convert a Keras model to Tensorflow to IR. The problem is that when I try to run the scripts from UpSquared (the ones that should convert .pb model to IR format) I get this error: "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".
    Now I tried to convert the same model using Openvino in google colab, which has Ubuntu 16.04, Python3.6 and tensorflow 1.12.0 and everything worked fine. I also installed Openvino on my Macbook and with Python3.6 and tensorflow 1.12.0 I achieved the same IR format.

My UpSquared 2 came with Python3.5 and tensorflow 1.9.0. My question is: can I upgrade these versions without breaking anything?

I can confirm I have this issue, even importing Tensorflow gives this error. As far as I am aware openvino is not compatible with anything over TF 1.14. I have issues on UP2 with 1.14 even.