Windows 10 shows "Could not recognize device " when plugged in upsquared through OTG
I have the Up squared 8GB memory / 64 GB storage version.
Problem: Windows 10 shows "Device malfunction, Could not recognize" when plugged in the Up squared board through otg.
Steps: Following steps are performed to use up-squared as gadget mass storage device and to access it from windows 10
1 In bios the OTG device mode is already enabled.
2 In terminal , I ran following commands,
dd bs=1M count=4 if=/dev/zero of=gadget_storage
fdisk -u gadget_storage
- pressed "x" for expert mode
- pressed "s" and entered 8 for 8 sectors
- pressed "h" and entered 1 for 1 head
- pressed "c" and entered 1024 for 1024 cylinders
- pressed "r" to get out of xpert mode
- pressed "n" and then "p" for primary
- Entered the default value to select the partitions and then First sector and Last sectors
- pressed "t" and and pressed "7" to select file system as NTFS
- pressed "w" to save the partition table.
losetup -o512 /dev/loop0 gadget_storage
*// -o 512 setting the byte offset (First sector number[1 in my case] * 512 = 512)
mkfs.ntfs -p 1 -S 8 -H 1 /dev/loop0 8191
*// p sets starting sector number which is 1 , S represent sectors per track which i selected as 8 , H as heads and 8191
*// reperesent total sectors .
losetup -d /dev/loop0
*// detaching the backing store file from loop device
modprobe g_mass_storage stall=0 file=gadget_storage
Connected the upsquared to windows 10 host machine while OTG cable
Problem : windows 10 shows , Device malfunctioned , could not recognize the usb device.
However , I could successfully detect the mass storage in windows 7 and linux ubuntu host systems ,
Could somebody please help me understand what could go wrong with windows 10.
- 258 All Categories
- 102 Announcements & News
- 33 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 173 Welcome Developers!
- 46 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 14 Tech Updates
- 145 UP Products
- 3 UP Squared Pro
- 95 UP Xtreme
- 739 UP Squared
- 1.3K UP Board
- 79 UP Core Plus
- 205 UP Core
- UP Xtreme Lite
- 34 UP AI Edge
- 206 Starter Kits & Peripheral