USB problem - no power(?) - UP Gateway ( ATOM x5-Z8350.w/4G memory,32G eMMC board)
It appears I have no or limited power at the USB ports of one of my my four UP Gateways ( ATOM x5-Z8350.w/4G memory,32G eMMC board). I requested an RMA but was advised to check here first. It would be great if there was a solution to avoid the hassle of returning the unit.
The gateways are endpoints for home audio distribution. Three work perfectly - the fourth appears to have no (or low) voltage at it's USB ports. I found a post here in the hardware spec category from Dec. 2018 which appeared to have the same no USB power problem but the thread offered so solutions. I've ordered a USB port tester from Amazon to help verify the problem with specific numbers. What I've done so far...
- Exact same 5V power supply (only one I've used since the order arrived),
- Exact same outboard bus-powered DAC (iFi micro iDSD-BL - owners manual), and
- Exact same USB cable with each gateway.
On all three working gateways:
- DAC on / gateway power supply OFF = blinking green light on DAC which means "Awaiting USB connection"
- DAC on / gateway power supply ON = solid steady light on DAC (signal has been established).
On the problem gateway:
- DAC on / gateway power supply OFF = blinking green light
- DAC on / gateway power supply ON = blinking green light
The USB connection is never acknowledged by the DAC. I have an older version of the same DAC (iFi micro iDSD (not BL)) and it's behavior is identical.
Similarly, I also tested 6 known working thumb drives. Their tiny indicator lights all illuminate properly with the three functioning gateways. One the problem one, none of the thumb lights ever goes on.
Thanks in advance for any insight.