Up Board + Realsense r200 + Ubuntu 18.04.2
I picked up an intel robotics kit dirt cheap, and am slowly spending a ton of time getting all the pieces up and running. I wanted librealsense, opencv4, and the 40-pin header all working. I want to putz around with depth, lidar, and neural networks... Oh, and watch netflix/sling... maybe run a 3d printer off it, too...
For anyone who is going to get one of these kits, and wants to get the whole shebang back up and as close to modern as possible, here's what I had to do.
- Ubuntu 18.04.2 UP instructions worked perfectly! Yay! I was able to blink leds via the file system echo > ... calls.
- librealsense v1.12.1 is the last version to support the r200. It doesn't compile any longer. I had to #include in archive.h, types.h in the librealsense source.
2a. I could get the examples to compile, but getting them working with the freeglut library ended up killing video playback in chrome/firefox. So, I decided to live without some samples...
- I used these instructions for opencv 4: https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2018/08/15/how-to-install-opencv-4-on-ubuntu/ -- this mostly worked, but the final build directory location is incorrect. It's in /usr/local/lib/python...
- I followed these instructions for netflix: https://linuxconfig.org/watch-netflix-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux -- it worked.
- I followed these instructions for sling: https://linuxconfig.org/watch-sling-tv-with-firefox-on-linux -- it worked, with a warning. Warning -- get chrome first, then do this. Firefox will detect as Windows Chrome after the useragent hack, and downloading chrome becomes difficult.
I'm still hacking on getting all items to work, If I can get it all to work, I'll reply to this thread with any changes. Hopefully, anyone else who wants all this to work on an Up board will find this useful... So far, I've burned through about 50% of the 32gb eMMC, just installing libs/compiling...
I might go all the way and try to get ROS working as well, anyone get Melodic Morenia up and running on an UP board + realsense + garmin lidar lite in ubuntu 18.04 Desktop?
- 275 All Categories
- 104 Announcements & News
- 40 Product News - New Product/Product Change Notice/ End-of-life
- 176 Welcome Developers!
- 49 Unboxing & Project Sharing
- 16 Tech Updates
- 279 UP Products
- UP Xtreme i11
- UP Squared 6000
- 27 UP Squared Pro
- 113 UP Xtreme
- 772 UP Squared
- 1.4K UP Board
- 83 UP Core Plus
- 211 UP Core
- 3 UP Xtreme Lite
- 39 UP AI Edge
- 207 Starter Kits & Peripheral